• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon picks up Whole Foods

Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online giant acquires a major US food chain to the tune of $13.4 billion.  Wow!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/business/dealbook/amazon-whole-foods.html?_r=0

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I buy a specific brand (Vet recommended) canned kitten food @Amazon, since it costs less than Petco/PetSmart, so now I wonder if I will be able to go in one of their grocery stores and find an Amazon order desk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember shopping at Mrs. Gooche's in California.  Later  Mrs. Gooche's stores were acquired by Texas-based Whole Foods and prices went up, up, up.

If Amazon's do-it-yourself grocery model is any indicator,  you may have trouble finding a checkout clerk.  Order online, pick-up in the rear.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my doctor's office was close by, I would do some shopping if I got there early. Loved the salmon-cream cheese  pinwheels.

Locally it's called "Whole Paycheck" for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

Locally it's called "Whole Paycheck" for some reason.

LOL.  So true.

I can't afford to shop at Whole... except for certain supplements that I can't find anywhere else.

But I have to admit, their cheese section is really great!!

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

The online giant acquires a major US food chain to the tune of $13.4 billion.  Wow!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/business/dealbook/amazon-whole-foods.html?_r=0

So how is this relative to Adobe CC?

It could be. Like Netflix, amazon has been making in roads to creating its own content, TV series production requires a bunch of postproduction and no one does it better than Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brian.  You realize this is The Lounge where folk talk about other stuff? 

I have to say that Nancy's first post caused my jaw to drop.  My mind was refusing to parse the amount and kept trying to read it as Millions instead of Billions.  That is insane.   I guess you'll be looking to the skies for your fresh veg from now on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Hey Brian.  You realize this is The Lounge where folk talk about other stuff?

Are you implying that I might have a glimmer of a life outside of media technology?

NNNNAAAAAAA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines