• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Days of the Big New Technology Game Changers Over?

Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Steve Jobs showed the first iPhone, our world changed. Some technology writers are commenting that yesterday’s announcements of the iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple TV 4K move the ball down the field, but those products are team players in the same games. We’re reading tech opinions which basically say about yesterday’s Apple event as, “Big deal. There’s nothing new. It’s more of the same.”

Is the best response to those commentaries, “Do we need a new game? We’re doing quite well with the games we’re playing. Shouldn’t we focus on improving our game?”

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who develops it, I don't know.

But AR/VR is a big thing. Once distribution and 'ease of use' are figured out, those will be even bigger.

Holograms are the next thing after that.

All IMO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Erik+Lord  wrote

Who develops it, I don't know.

But AR/VR is a big thing. Once distribution and 'ease of use' are figured out, those will be even bigger.

Holograms are the next thing after that.

All IMO

There is a growing interest in Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality. But, no has yet to hit the market with something which has dramatically penetrated our daily lives, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.  I think the big game changer right now is immersive journalism with VR.  It's taking storytelling to a whole new emotional level that print & TV journalism alone can't deliver.  

A New Virtual Reality Tool Brings the Daily Trauma of the Syrian War to Life - Motherboard

Virtual Reality, Empathy and the Next Journalism | WIRED

https://vrtodaymagazine.com/10-great-examples-of-vr-media-in-modern-journalism/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I don't know.  I think the big game changer right now is immersive journalism with VR.  It's taking storytelling to a whole new emotional level that print & TV journalism alone can't deliver.

That's an interesting point.

During the Watergate era many young people went to college to be the next Woodward & Bernstein. New technology components could make that happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may depend on the field of science & technology you are looking at. How abut this:

Breakthrough device heals organs with a single touch

Device instantly delivers new DNA or RNA into living skin cells to change their function

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170807120530.htm

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957  wrote

It may depend on the field of science & technology you are looking at. How abut this:

Breakthrough device heals organs with a single touch

Though the medical community is a multi-billion dollar operation and some of that make miracles happen, it's not that kind of mainstream stuff that finds its way into many homes until something like the Apple Watch starts it happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if self driving cars will do better than humans?

They can't get drunk and drive... but there is then the danger of being hacked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

I wonder if self driving cars will do better than humans?

They can't get drunk and drive... but there is then the danger of being hacked

The cars being hacked or the humans?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cars being hacked by humans comes to mind... which was a plot on a TV show I watched

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

Cars being hacked by humans comes to mind... which was a plot on a TV show I watched

I don't know about self-driving cars but I do think evolving existing technology into a greater integration with transportation is waiting to be pushed forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the days are over, just that the supporting ideas or technologies are not in place yet.

As examples -

The graphical computer ui was originaly developed by zerox in the late 60's, (no they did not copyright it) but at the time no one thought computers would be something used by everyone, and certainly not in every home.

The first smartphone was shown in 2001, the real genius of Apple when they introduced the iPhone, was that they already had the iTunes store for app delivery.

In the future i would like to think holographic projections would be more common, as the main problem at the moment is the cost of recording them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

digital money is fast becoming a thing here in Australia... I can't remember the last time I had coins on me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines