• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there just a handful of actual people on this forum? That's the rumor.

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the legend told is they all have rankings and such like: MVP, ACP and Staff. And that all the other post's are some wizards brew of HTML5 generated filler stuff made to look like posts of illiterates that can't read to save their lives. Say it ain't so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other posts that show up aren't generated filler things. They are actual people. The posts happen here instead of where they belong because the forum Lounge link is prominently displayed in many main forums and labeled in such a way that people mistake it for the link to click on when they have their own question.

Now, if someone is paying attention, they'll see that it's not the right link to click, but many people come to these forums rather stressed that they have a problem and aren't paying enough attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never bothered to keep a count, but I move "some number" of messages out of this Lounge to a correct forum every day... sometimes based on what the person says in their message, other times after asking what program they are using

It would be nice if the Adobe pages were clearer, but we have what we have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egad. is someone taking my 'Bored Robot' icon a bit too seriously? (he said, jokingly).

Though I have noticed a prevalence of MVP, ACP, and Staff on this particular forum, I never felt the others here were chat-bots.

(Of course you may think that I am a chat-bot too... And 'round and 'round we go...) 

--OB 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957 wrote:

(Of course you may think that I am a chat-bot too... And 'round and 'round we go...)

Everyone on the internet is a bot, except you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This space has never quite lived up to expectations.   It's more like an interim purgatory where misplaced questions go until a Mod moves them to their rightful place.   A few lively discussions have appeared here.  But not without help from ACP/MVPs.

If you polled all forum users about this space, they'd probably tell you they've never heard of it much less been here intentionally.   

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a newb around here so, make what you will of that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines