• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bovine Musings

Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last year, I picked a few images from Adobe Stock to use to answer questions on the forum. I spent some time making my decisions, because people are sometimes so stressed by the time they get to us that I wanted to lighten the mood. When I get a clipping path question in InDesign, I use this cow. I have the clipping mask ready to go and I've used him repeatedly. I even think he ended up in one of my "Something for the Weekend" contributions. In short, I am very fond of this particular cow.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 8.55.49 AM.png

Fast forward to this week, and to Republican congressman Devin Nunes' lawsuit against Twitter and a few specific parody accounts. One is @DevinMom and another is @DevinCow. Of course I checked out (and maybe followed) the cow account.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 9.03.28 AM.png

I had no idea I was using Devin Nunes' own cow for my clipping path answers. I'm glad the cow is finally receiving the fame he deserves—because he is adorable— but I guess it's time to look for a new clipping path image.

~Barb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd better find you some water.

The next gulch'll have some, or ought'er.

Then we'll take you for slau…

Never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe. Despite working on sets for years, involving shooting stuff, I have always been freaked out by being in front of camera. I could record the chords...and hum and stuff, but I doubt if anyone has a picture of me since high school graduation.

pretty funny.

Trom, the first two lines sounded promising. The third one is getting kinda too sad...keep thinking !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uss == the chorus beat or rhythm or whatever you call it is like

dummm dum dum dum, dummm dum dum dum, dummm dum dum dum - DUM  ( cowboy beat ? )

hehe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to upload a mp3 audio file ( 30 seconds or so ) to this forum ??

I could get out guitar, blow off dust, tune it, play the chorus and record with H4N as wav, convert to mp3 with audition...

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, forget that idea re: a sound file. I sang the chorus ( mooooooooooove along stuff ) … and my voice cracks in the mooo sound, and I sound like a cow that is suffering from severe indigestion !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would beHOOVE you to let us be the judge of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe.. thanks... this thread got me off my behind to get out guitar and H4N, and at my age 'any physical movement', according to the health professionals, is good for me.

I now wish I hadn't cut the laugh I had at end of sound...cause it's a confirmation of wearing clown nose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA great! I see what you meant by the cowboy beat now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe, I think Trom verses go to Am D type stuff, and D - D7 at end of 4th line, then back to G and C...for chorus..

haha.. funny stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some nice people have sent email saying there's something wrong. Aside from the clown act of singing and playing chorus part, the 'image' goes black. That's cause I dropped wav file into already existing test of some lens... and I shoulda said that up front.

"screen will go dark but music will continue for 42 seconds" or whatever...

sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my moooo steak, mooosic silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not too bright, and am doing tutorials from a book and sample videos (supplied) for resolve color grading. I just matched a shot using a reference clip with split screen and blah blah blah… and got it done well, and THEN, after I saved the project, I reset a bunch of stuff thinking they were global settings that needed to be restored by me … and found out that particular node in that particular clip, has those settings ALL BY ITSELF... so then I had to go back to resetting what was done to match it etc...

But now I have a curve that is split into YRBG discreet line stuff for each 'color/luminance' and when I click on that clip that's what I see... so I decided to make a NEW node... called, yes, you guessed it, MOOOOOOOVING ON .

This is not covered in the tutorial, you have to sorta just figure it out.

hehe, that resets everything (the global settings) so I can start 'fresh' from that last crazy node.

Wouldn't it be great if each day, each week, each month, could have new 'nodes' where you can just move on and start from scratch with what you already 'have'... instead of re-visiting every single nuance and adjustment that happened in the past ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines