• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone tell me about Lynda.com?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie and not sure where I should looking for tutorials.

What's the differenece between Adobe tutorials and Lynda.com

Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Lynda.com covers not only Adobe Products.

2. After end of each viewed Lesson at Lynda.com you can gain a Certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda.com has a trial:

Signup | Lynda.com

I highly recommend it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has quite a number of tutorials up, however ... they don't cover all aspects of say, Premiere Pro let alone AfterEffects ... or Illustrator. The Adobe tut's can get you up and moving, but may not cover your needs as you move along.

The Lynda-dot-com tut's, on the other hand, can be very detailed and show how to do many specific tasks within any of the Adobe programs they have tut's for. And the slightly-higher-fee membership gives you the choice to download all the files used in the tutorial, so you can both watch ... and do the exact same thing with the exact same resources as the instructor.

And good my gracious, does Lynda have a LOT of tutorials!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda.com costs money to subscribe.  But if you're serious about learning, it's well worth the investment.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi boweevl, 5 years ago I was in the same position starting my photography business. I had been using Photoshop elements but knew that I needed to be very familiar with Photoshop and Lightroom. I took a big gulp and subscribed to Lynda .com. and then started with the basic "up and running" courses and over the course of 3 months I was able t learn more than many of the other photographers that I was competing with . even today, I am not a full blown expert, but I still have a standing subscription and use it several times a week. It also helped me learn how to put my webpage together. I found that - after a few courses - I had no interest in doing that and so I went out and found an Expert to help me with my webpage. I knew enough of the jargon and basics that we were able to put something together that meets my needs. even though I have been so busy that I haven't updated it for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda.com is wonderful, and there's a bonus that a lot of people are not aware of: some local public city or county library systems, and select universities take part in special licensing that makes it available to their members at an organizational level...  you may be able to access Lynda.com for FREE! Check it out.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already received quite a few good answers.

I authored the very first Premiere Pro tutorial for Lynda.com back in 2004 and it was a very interesting experience. The philosophy is that the tutorials set out tasks in a logical order, and when you are done with a section, you have learned something that will take you farther, with the ultimate goal being that you can produce the same results as the instructor with the same assets.

When you are finished, your video should look virtually identical to the instructors. 

Nowadays, they have an even more strict quality control with peer review of the material. That alone virtually guarantees a better learning experience.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to pay for Lynda tutorial.Its elaborate and very good for learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used both Lynda.com and Youtube channels for learning over the years. Lynda, as Steven Gotz mentions will give you a much better learning experience of an indepth overview (i.e. learn all the various things about using Lightroom or Premiere).

I've found that I used it for about a year a lot, then stopped using it as I only needed brush ups on specifics, i.e. multi camera editing setup in Pr, and would find that there are many good one off lessons on Youtube.

So depending on what you are learning as a "newbie" you might benefit more from using the Lynda.com lessons to really get a solid overview of the product of your choice, then come back with Youtube one offs as needed.

Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lynda.com is a great "just in time" learning resource. With software that I haven't used in a while, I sometimes go to lynda.com to refresh myself on how to do that one little task in application X. The courses are broken down into chapters containing several 2- to 5-minute topic demos, making it easy to find just what you need, just in time, and then get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone who answered - there was some really helpful information.

Ive decided to use lynda.com rather than just the adobe tuts.

Thank you so much everyone who took the time to reply.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was already mentioned. Check with your local library. I have free, full access with my library card. I only utilize the photograph section which is pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines