• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I make my own icons

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, this is my very first time in a discussion group or room rather, my First question is can I make my own Icons, and if so how do I save a icon, is it just the .### that makes it an Icon? do  I have to make like 7 different sizes,,, and finally how long will it take to get an answer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Eddi, you are in a forum, not a discussion group or room

yes you can make your own icons... i use Photoshop but there are some other options

no you don't have to make different sizes but you can if your design gets buggered up by resizing it

answers to clear questions are fast but vague questions take longer because people are not sure what you want to use the icon for so they have to take time to think about it or lurk until extra details come in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe program do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this plugin with Photoshop.  Note that I don't have it installed at the moment, and I might not have used it since Photoshop moved to HTML5 with CC2014.2 so it might not still be compatible.

ICO (Windows Icon) file format plugin for Photoshop

Your icons need to be of any or all of valid sizes

16 X 16 pixels

32 X 32

48 X 48

256 x 256

There are other requirements that yo'll find on the favicon site (link above)

To use your new icons as drive icons, the following text file needs to be in the root of that drive

Along with the .ico file

Good luck and enjoy.  I must have wasted a good few hours setting up my drives with pretty pictures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the web, I use vector SVG icons.   SVGs can be styled & re-scaled  to any size needed with CSS code and still remain sharp & clear.   The same is not true with raster / bitmap images.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines