Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Candy Crush ending Flash?

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BACKGROUND:

For those who don't know what Candy Crush is, it's an addictive part luck /  part strategy game made by King.com. The goal is simply to match like-colored candies & clear the board in x number of moves.  As you progress through levels you accumulate lives, boosters & tools that help you complete successive game levels. Optionally, players can purchase extra lives, boosters or moves if they want to.  Originally, Candy Crush was a Flash based online game.  Later they added an HTML5 version that was good but it didn't deliver quite the same user experience.   You can also download the game app from MS, Google and Apple Apps stores.

Today King released 15 new Candy Crush game levels which they do each Wednesday. In an upset, the Flash version is nearly unplayable now. All boosters, tools and the capacity to buy extra moves have been disabled.  Honestly, there's no point in playing the Flash version anymore.  King's maneuver looks like an attempt to ween players away from Flash & onto the new HTML5 version. 

I wonder how many other game makers will be following suit.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Flash is dead and people should wake up to that fact but I'm not convinced King.com was aware of the issues caused by their wednesday update until after it went out?

in any event I play Mahjong or Baldurs gate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ussnorway  wrote

I'm not convinced King.com was aware of the issues caused by their wednesday update until after it went out?

If it was an oversight, King has not fixed it yet.   Interestingly, the HTML5 version works as expected.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines