• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Demo reel critique

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.  I was wondering if some of you could take a look at my edit demo reel and give me any good/constructive feedback.  Much would be appreciated.

https://vimeo.com/392124247 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not into the glitchy effect you did on the text in the beginning.  What I recommend doing is looking at how the reels of commercial agencies and production companies are put together.  You can also lookup directors reels as well online. 

The other thing that bugged me was going from film to animation, since there was only one animation. 

I like what you are doing and I am wondering if you can better introduce what you are doing.  Maybe introduce yourself as 'Jeff Howerton, Military and Combat Videographer.'  Note your specialty. 

I am also thinking that you could create your own personal branding with a nice 1 or two color logo.  This could be interesting.  I am attaching an image at the bottom that could give you an idea for a logo. 

I might have more ideas for you... just ping me.

Just so you know my background.  I did 13 years in film, television and advertising in NYC.  Currently, I work in Marketing and PR.  This way you know I am not BSing you. 

assaultcamera.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines