Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Chrome Scrolls Off the Screen When Answering Forum Posts

Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Forum comments.]

I asked about this a while back after I switched from Firefox to Chrome.  If a thread is long enough to force and answer to the bottom of the screen, then tying causes the screen to suddenly scroll back to the top of the thread so I can no longer see the answer box.  I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, which means new installations of Chrome any other apps, and it is doing it again.  You'd think it would be easy to Google up an answer or two, but I might be using the wrong search critiea.  I'm not getting anywhere at least.

Chrome also appears to suck at playing YouTube videos.  I improved things a bit by turning off hardware acceleration in the Chrome settings, but it is still unlikely to get through a five minute video without the 'Please try again later' error, or the sound will drop out.  Edge has no problems.

I have no extensions installed with Chrome. and I have tried using an Incognito screen and trashing history and cookies.  So has anyone managed to get Chrome working nicely with the Adobe forums?

[EDIT]

One of the mods moved this post to the Forum Comments forum, which might possibly be a more appropriate location, but is pointless because somewhere between very few and flat out no one follows that forum.  So I moved this post back to the Lounge (for I too have that super power ) which is why I posted it here in the first place.  If you don't mind, please leave it here where it will at least get seen.   Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Chrome on Windows 10 and haven't had the issues you're describing either with the Forums or YouTube videos. Maybe check on the Chrome forums Google Groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen that behaviour in windows Chrome desktop, but have seen it on the surface pro.

I also often get that happening on the iPad using iOS Safari. My thinking was originally that it was a touch device problem, but now you have posted about it, maybe it is not.

Never bothered reporting it, as it does not always happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,
Sorry for not updating you all here- this was discussed in one of our private spaces. Both the screen jumping issue and the latest reply/original post broken links are related to a known issue with Chrome 61. Unfortunately since it's an issue with Chrome, Jive is waiting for Google to release an update to fix. We can try to roll back our Chrome version or use another browser in the meantime.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines