• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic Tablet Problem

Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tablet worked fine until the fall update of windows 10 the other week, ever since then the calibration is off on my tablet display. I use an extended display but if I set to 'duplicate' or 'show only' the calibration is fine. It works okay with a mouse but when I use the pen the cursor will appear halfway across the screen from where I'm pressing. I was using it the other day and the cursor started glitching out, in the Windows Defender menu it had said there was an issue with a pen table bus but even after applying this and restarting I still had no luck.

I've uninstalled the driver and reinstalled to no avail, I'm putting this down to a standard windows screw up (every time windows has an update it usually breaks an Adobe app on me.)

Monitor is an Acer S220HQL - 1920/1080

Tablet is an UGEE 1910B - 1440/900

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched Microsoft - Official Home Page for help?

We have a Samsung Android tablet, but I know ZERO about Windows tablets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different type of tablet, I'm talking about a drawing one, like the cintiq.

I've asked over at Microsoft but so far they've only said to do a system restore, which I don't really want to do as it'll uninstall my graphics card, according to the warning that pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the tablet manufacturer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Windows update arbitrarily change video card drivers, and mess stuff up.  So make sure you are using the right GPU driver.

With Wacom tablets you can toggle between single screen and all screens.  The most obvious question is have you tried running the calibration in the tablet driver?   Non Wacom tablet threads tend not to get a lot of attention in this forum as they so often seem to have no solution other than to hope that the tablet manufacturer updates their drivers, so I hope you find a more easy solution.

I tend to advise non Wacom tablet users to look for a larger user base of their particular tablet, because we don't tend to have experience with those tablets on this forum.

Ugee has a support page here, and kb21 deals with calibration.

http://www.ugee.eu/support/faq/

There are 31 user reviews on the Amazon page for the tablet and you can ask them questions.

Amazon.com: Ugee 1910B Interactive Pen Display Drawing Monitor Graphics Tablet 19 Inch LCD Screen wi...

Deviant art also has a lot of Ugee users

Finchwing's poll: Curious, do any of you guys have Ugee tablets? O: I was thinking of getting a HK15...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically a Windows updates does something to an Adobe app, so I know what you mean.

I can switch between a duplicate, extend, show only 1, and show only 2 display. The cursor is fine with duplicate but goes crazy with extend. I got an update from UGEE's website and that changed nothing, was in touch with Microsoft (It's always their fault) and was told because it's not a surface there's nothing they can do.

I'll try your other links, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have no backup software to roll back to last weeks image so a reinstall of Windows is the only real option (besides put up with it)... disable Microsoft updates is still my goto rule for Windows 8-10 but the damage is done now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 home so can't disable updates, I even uninstalled the update but as soon as I restated it just installed itself again.

I only noticed the issue the other day so it was past the cutoff point to go back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nexahs1138  wrote

I have windows 10 home so can't disable updates,

yes you can but as you say the time has past... any way for reference

Screenshot (183).png

Screenshot (184).png

to be clear, I recommend you allow updates from time to time but when you are ready for them... not any time Microsoft feels like it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this not public knowledge I never knew that was there

giphy.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are not the first person to say that... clear self interrest aside, this forum is where I post system info if you want to look

Anyway to disable Window's Updates permanently? | Windows Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines