• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GST for Australian Customers

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is great that Adobe will be contributing to the Australian economy by collecting and forwarding GST to the Tax Office.  My gripe is we already pay significantly more than US customers for the same downloads.  Why can't Adobe absorb the cost of the GST instead of increasing the cost to the customer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you'll ever get an answer to that here.  We're all just product users like yourself.  We have no influence over Adobe corporate policy. 

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

liannew29001708 wrote:

My gripe is we already pay significantly more than US customers for the same downloads.

Have you checked that recently?  Google tells me that a full subscription costs US$44.14. and a single app US$17.50.  I think you might be paying _less_ than Adobe's American customers.

I like to think I had the tiniest input into that situation with my constant and outspoken attack on the price gouging, and by supporting Oz MP Ed Hussic's stance on the subject.  I used to upset people on the flickr groups where I lived before coming to the Adobe forums, but those people should have been supporting overseas customers, rather than attacking our pursuit of parity.   Google has a ton of hits for Ed Hussic  but this one says it all.

Adobe's price drop just the first step: Husic | ZDNet

So rejoice at the fact you pay a lot less than folk in Europe AFAIK.  I am constantly redirected when I try to find CC pricing in the UK and Europe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines