Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone tried Adobe Post yet?

Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post is another mobile app for folks who don't have much design experience - I'd love to hear your experiences.  What have you created?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I haven't as it's only for iPhone and I'm an Android user.

From a google search.

How many Android users are there?

In fact, even though there are more than double the number of Android users (about 1 billion vs. 470 million), iOS users still spend double the money on apps. (Evans estimates that Apple paid iOS app developers $10 billion in the last 12 months vs. the $5 billion Google paid Android developers.)

By the end of this current year, 1.4 billion smartphones will be in use: 798 million of them will run Android, 294 million will run Apple's iOS, and 45 million will run Windows Phone, according to a new study by ABI Research.

Despite Android being the leading Smartphone choice in the world - Adobe seem to always cater for iOS ahead of Android.

Why?

Anyway - it looks interesting, guess I have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eugene Tyson wrote:

Despite Android being the leading Smartphone choice in the world - Adobe seem to always cater for iOS ahead of Android.

Why?

That isn't just an Adobe thing. The current trend is iDevice first, the rest after market testing. As an App developer myself and have had apps on Apple Store, Google Play and Amazon. And it doesn't matter if it is a paid or free app, the number of downloads I personally experienced is about 85% iOS. A couple apps don't have any Android downloads. So as you suggested, it has more to do with downloads and usage numbers than it does iOS vs. Android users. So in my experience, unless it is just a straight static information type app that uses no native device features I personally no longer develop Android Apps unless there is a specific reason.

Android users in general seem to be happy with the features given in Smartphones but are less likely to download apps. iOS users tend to be more tech and it's all about the apps.

Of course this trend could change in the future if Android users all of a sudden decided to download apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed I have used it. It is very very simple to use. One thing I am having difficulties with though is figuring out how this can be used in a business or even a design workflow. I really have a hard time believing that anyone who does designs or needs designs for business is going to pull out a phone and do it. As far as I can tell it only shares to personal social media accounts on Facebook in particular. The fact it has a #AdobePost credit on every image really limits the business usefulness as well.

I see this being a really fun social media toy for personal use though. It is fun to play with that's for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines