• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am confronted a problem with Censorship, thanks to PS ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not playing. I'm old, I self-taught myself photography and PS. I had my progress, I stay out of the way of progress for young people today and I mean that sincerely in tone. 

I use my phone for snapshots of photo gear I try selling to support my craft? I isolate items, copy and paste them to other backgrounds ...dark mostly and sometime I create a retro square box llok with a white border and using black and white to create some classic sexy looking ads of my gear? I'm not that good, though and I don't put that much effort into FB ads

So I posted images on Marketplace, my creations, sort of professional looking displays that pass for old magazine ads using my own gear and technique, I underastand how this all appears. I don't understand assuming or jumping to conclusions though. FB claimed I took copyrighted material not of my own and offered items I couldn't possbly provide as a result of using so-called taken images  I was just tried, convicted, and then sentenced to the trash and my creations banned...for camera gear images,?

It is censorship and picking on the elderly, selecting to beat up old people because it's easy to do ?

What are they going to do, fight back?

I have a subscription and I pay for the privilge to use PS under a licensed agreement, and what I create using PS is being censored by FB using no evidence to support this position, a bizzare postion backed with what exactly...a Rudy?  

I guess I could find pleasure in the fact, they believed my ads were copyrighted material I took. But I find nothing amusing about civil liberties becoming eroded and artistic expressions censored...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

@SG Hayes 

First, congratulations on producing imagery that others consider to be highly professional.

I will assume that you did not apply any watermarks in your imagery that would be taken as evidence of copyrighted or proprietary intellectual property. Such watermarks are often used to ferret out such material.

However, the issue you really have is with FaceBook and whatever algorithms (or less likely, humans) they have trying to root out pirated intellectual property. For better or wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your problem with face book related to an Adobe support forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I posted in the lounge to discuss things, maybe I am wrong?

[Unnecessary personal remarks removed by moderator. Community Guidelines: Be kind & respectful.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post anything you want... but this IS an Adobe forum, not a face book forum... so nobody here can help if you have a dispute with face book

If you have a problem with Photoshop, there is a forum for that, start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SG Hayes 

First, congratulations on producing imagery that others consider to be highly professional.

I will assume that you did not apply any watermarks in your imagery that would be taken as evidence of copyrighted or proprietary intellectual property. Such watermarks are often used to ferret out such material.

However, the issue you really have is with FaceBook and whatever algorithms (or less likely, humans) they have trying to root out pirated intellectual property. For better or worse, there are many persons (including some working for major publications) that illegally use intellectual property (images, text, whatever) for which they don't have any legal rights to use.

We understand the angst you are enduring over what appears to be arbitrary and capricious policing by Facebook, but exactly what do you want or expect Adobe to do to assist you with this matter? We only produce the tools that assisted you in creating professional quality content. We have absolutely no control over others in terms of what they allow or accept.

Quite frankly, as much as I hate saying this, probably the only way to get the attention of Mark Zuckerberg et.al. would be to have an attorney contact FaceBook and threaten a lawsuit or injunction.

Please understand that this is not an issue of your age. Some of us here, including myself, have upwards of 50 years or more experience in software, photography, and/or the graphic arts in general.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read what you wrote... did you think about it while writing?

>what I create using PS is being censored by FB

Your problem is with FACE BOOK not with Adobe Photoshop

You need to find a FACE BOOK forum to ask how to resolve your problem with FACE BOOK

Nobody here can help with a FACE BOOK problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith -- The lounge is a place for discussion that does not directly involve asking for help with an Adobe product. I think this is perfectly suitable material for The Lounge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His subject title (thanks to PS) and discussion blamed his face book problem on Photoshop... which was NOT the case

Yes the Lounge is for non-Adobe discussions, but blaming Adobe for the actions of another company is not something that I am going to read and not comment... even Dov said that Adobe is not at fault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Minolta and Canon are fiercely protective of their brands and designs.  You cannot post whatever you want on social media because it amuses you.  That's not how things work.  And while I'm no fan of Facebook or Zuckerberg for that matter, you did agree to Facebook's Terms of Service.  Did you read it?  Copyright is no small matter.

"Under Facebook's Terms of Service and Community Standards, you can only post content to Facebook that doesn’t violate someone else's intellectual property rights."

https://www.facebook.com/help/1020633957973118

Facebook et al must protect themselves from any stink of legal action by removing questionable content from their site before it becomes a problem.  Whether you're 6 or 66, nobody gets a free pass on IP infringement.   Thank your lucky stars you got off with just a slap on the wrist.  It could have been much worse 🙂

Meanwhile, if you really want to sell old equipment, go to eBay.  Facebook isn't the place for it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines