• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need your help to visit Adobe in San Jose

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my friends, I need your help, I don’t know English very well, I want to visit your office in San Jose very much, but the embassy does not believe me that I am flying to you, they ask for paper where the invitation letter is written to you. Could you send an invitation ticket to your headquarters? I am engaged in design and really want to see your office and find out a lot of interesting things. Thank you my friends, I'm waiting for your help. My mail: 

[personal information removed for your protection
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Email-signatures-and-personal-information/td-p/4786467]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Quite honestly, there really is nothing to be gained by “visiting” Adobe's headquarters in San Jose. I honestly don't know what you think you would get out of such a visit, but it is not like a factory that has “factory tours.” We generally do not accept requests to simply visit the buildings.

If you are a designer, you aren't going to see floors of designers that you can learn from. All you could possibly see are bunches of engineers designing and writing code, marketing and project managers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in a public, user-to-user forum.   Nobody here can help you with that request.

You should call the corporate headquarters and make an appointment for a personal guided tour. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Community Help  to the non-technical Lounge area.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the OP be able to see this if it's in the Lounge? I haven't been an ACP very long, but my impression is that this forum is restricted to Staff, ACPs, and MVPs, and the OP doesn't seem to be any of those. (I'm quite willing to cop to "I'm blindingly wrong about this," mind you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, you should make contacts with Adobe through professional networks such as LinkedIn.  Make a few connections, introduce yourself, form a bond with the people.  As you get to know them then you can mention you will be in the area and would love to have a coffee with them in person.

But I doubt anyone will write you a letter with no reason.  So, this is why I say form bonds and use professional networks such as LinkedIn.  And this will probably take time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>see this if it's in the Lounge

The Lounge is a non-technical area that is open to everyone... actually almost all forums except MVP & MOD are open to everyone (I think Holding and Spam are also only open to those with the correct permission)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--QUOTE by John T. Smith----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lounge is a non-technical area that is open to everyone... actually almost all forums except MVP & MOD are open to everyone (I think Holding and Spam are also only open to those with the correct permission)

--ENDQUOTE by John T. Smith---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learn something new everyday. Thanks, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite honestly, there really is nothing to be gained by “visiting” Adobe's headquarters in San Jose. I honestly don't know what you think you would get out of such a visit, but it is not like a factory that has “factory tours.” We generally do not accept requests to simply visit the buildings.

If you are a designer, you aren't going to see floors of designers that you can learn from. All you could possibly see are bunches of engineers designing and writing code, marketing and project managers at their desks and at meetings, etc. There really is nothing to see by coming to the United States and getting a tour of Adobe's headquarters.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>Learn something new everyday

I don't have to learn something new... I'm married, and my wife reminds me if I don't do something 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines