• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I wanna talk with about the Applications` price.Can I?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think,the price about the applications which are created by Adobe is too high.

In my country,I can find many many cracked application.It makes me to start to think about a question:Why are there so many cracked applications?

At that time,I felt very puzzled.I searched for the answer for a while.When I see the price of the applications which are created by Adobe,I was very suprised of them,and then I understood.They are too expensive that many normal families cannot afford it.

It`s the reason that why I submit this discussion.I sincerely wan`t Adobe can bring the price down.Why not clean up the market in a mild way like bring down the price?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

說客 wrote:

They are too expensive that many normal families cannot afford it.

First of all, Adobe's products are not made for families. They are made for businesses who make money using the software.

Photoshop is the industry-standard image manipulation software. It is used by all of the biggest print houses and photography studios.

After Effects is the industry-standard for motion graphics. Every single motion graphics studio uses After Effects.

InDesign is used on almost every magazine you pick up.

Premiere Pro is used to edit feature films like Deadpool, Hail Caesar!, and Gone Girl.

I could go on and on.

This isn't software for families to use for fun. It is for businesses to use to get their work done.

說客 wrote:

Why not clean up the market in a mild way like bring down the price?

Secondly, the cost for Adobe's software has come down dramatically. It used to cost THOUSANDS of dollars to purchase their Master collection and then it was a huge chunk of money every year if you wanted to upgrade to the next version. Now, it's only about $50 a month to have the entire collection PLUS a bunch of new stuff that we never had before (like TypeKit, mobile apps, etc.). It's much, much, much cheaper than it ever used to be. It's actually a lot easier for hobbyists to get started with Adobe's software now that it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with Szalam,

It used to be that I had to budget to spend between $2,000 and $3,000 every 18 months for the software I need. Now in 18 months I have spend $900 instead at an easy to budget for monthly cost. And I get all the new features in the programs as they come out. No more waiting for almost two years for upgrades.

As for  Piracy, it isn't Adobe's problem to solve the piracy industry. As it is they have already gone a long way in preventing it for their own software with the subscription model. Pirated software now would be no more than CS6 which really compared to what is available now really isn't very good. Pirated software can contain viruses. Thousands of people daily get viruses from pirated software. They get what they deserve.

說客 wrote:

They are too expensive that many normal families cannot afford it.

If only life were that simple. I'd love a nice big home with a pool or maybe a Ferrari. Maybe Ferrari should really consider their prices. No way a normal family can afford that. Of course I am just joking here. But seriously, the reason Adobe products are more expensive is  because they are better than others. They are professional tools. There is other free alternatives for families.

And if all you need is Photoshop for example (not sure what other software in the Creative Cloud would even be remotely useful for families) its a small $9/month. About the price of a Starbucks coffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New products are not cheap to produce.  Countless hours and many thousands of dollars go into research, development & testing.  If software developers can't recover their investments and remain profitable, eventually they go out of business and then everybody loses. 

Cracked software is pirated, illegal and morally reprehensible.  More importantly,  cracked software often contains spyware & other malicious code that could potentially harm your computer, render it useless or worse, steal your identity.  It happens all the time.

If you knowingly accept and use cracked software, you're supporting parasites who suck the blood out of legitimate companies as well as unsuspecting consumers.  You deserve what you get. 

If you can't afford Adobe products, you should look for legitimate low-cost alternatives.  They do exist although they may not be as robust or feature-rich as Adobe's products. 

For qualifying students & teachers, Adobe offers a deep discounted price of 60% off a Creative Cloud subscription. 

See Students & teachers

Photography Plan: Photoshop + Lighrtoom bundle

USD $10/month  = the cost of 4 Venti coffee drinks at Starbucks.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,maybe I`m not know enough about Adobe company and it`s software.Thanks for you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exactly are you looking to do?  Adobe makes many different products for performing different tasks.  Editing photos, making videos, creating graphics, etc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines