• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want a color laser writer

Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HP Laserjet 1320 I've had for many many years and is still working strong.

I also have an Epson inkjet that almost every time I go to use it, the head is clogged and I have to spend time, ink (and therefore money), and paper to clean the heads. I've had it with ink jets.

I know that I cannot expect high quality images from a color laser printer but I would like something at least "close." Does anyone have a "not horribly" expensive ($200-500) that they like a lot and can recommend?

I've tried reading the reviews on Amazon only to end up snarling at my dog from frustration with all of the inane comments in the reviews and answers to questions (Q: "Can this print labels" A: "I do not know I haven't tried it.")

I do want duplex printing (back to back) but wifi is not critical. I want something that's reliable with acceptable color. I am not a high print user, maybe 2 - 50 pages a week?

Can anyone share their experiences?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful what you wish for.  Color laser toner is very expensive.  When one color runs out, you must replace all 4 which adds up fast.   And the cost of replacing a laser printer drum is so prohibitive you'll probably just want to buy a new printer which is exactly what we did. 

This new cartridge free SuperTank ink jet printer from Epson ships with 2 years worth of ink.  And the ink refills are affordably priced at $19 each.

Expression ET-3700 EcoTank All-in-One Supertank Printer | Inkjet | Printers | For Home | Epson US

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your thoughts. However, I am so fed up with inkjet printers I do not care about the cost. I've spent so much money already on wasted ink due to head cleaning and replacing liquid ink. I really really have had it with inkjets. If you want my Epson Workforce 60, I'll send it to you for free if you'll pay for the shipping.

BTW, the issue of needing to replace all cartridges if one goes empty is not always true. While some laser printers do have that issue/problem, not all do. Some will not let you print text pages (K ink) if your cyan is too low. But again, not all. I've verified that the Xerox printers do not have this issue and have already ordered one.

But ALL printers are sold so that you can buy ink for the printer. That's where they make money. At least with a laser printer, it will not be from clogged head cleaning! ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you missed my point.  This new Epson printer is cartridge free.

I had a color laser printer and will never do that again.  I learned my lesson the expensive way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I didn't look closely at it because I saw it was an ink jet.

And, since it's an ink jet, it has heads and if it has heads, those heads can clog up. At least from everything I've ever heard and or witnessed. I'm gathering you have one of these, when you leave on vacation or work for several weeks can you just print with no issues?

Two years of ink only means you have a lot more ink to back up what you lose from unclogging the heads.

If I'm wrong, please let me know. Meanwhile I will let you know my experience with the new printer, just saw it's coming in tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gary_sc  wrote

If I'm wrong, please let me know. Meanwhile I will let you know my experience with the new printer, just saw it's coming in tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

I have the Epson ET-3700 and am very pleased with it so far.  Since you've already purchased a new printer, you odn't need our suggestions about what to buy.    Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines