• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was using Page Maker, it does not work anymore with windows 10 , which product could replace it ?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Page maker does not work with Windows 10 , I have a lot of note cards and/or greeting cards done with it . Is it a adobe or other brand product which I could use without having to rebuild all af them ???

Jacques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Adobe InDesign is the replacement for PageMaker.

And as a former longtime PageMaker user, I will tell you now that you will love it, and wondered why you waited to switch.

Buy Adobe InDesign CC | Download desktop publishing software free trial

But read these threads. When I switched over, I rebuilt my files from scratch.

Can't Open Pagemaker files in InDesign CC solution

http://indesignsecrets.com/open-pagemaker-files-indesign-hang-cs6.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe InDesign is the replacement for PageMaker.

And as a former longtime PageMaker user, I will tell you now that you will love it, and wondered why you waited to switch.

Buy Adobe InDesign CC | Download desktop publishing software free trial

But read these threads. When I switched over, I rebuilt my files from scratch.

Can't Open Pagemaker files in InDesign CC solution

http://indesignsecrets.com/open-pagemaker-files-indesign-hang-cs6.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign for sure - Completely agree with BarbBinder on this one. It's really the best choice to transition to from Quark, PageMaker, Frontpage  etc 😃 ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacques, I was also a long-time Pagemaker user (from 1.0, on), and made the transition to Adobe Indesign shortly after it became available. The transition was smooth, and Indesign has continued to become more efficient, easy to use with each version. I agree with BarbBinder, who also provided the helpful links for you. You will love InDesign! Best wishes for your success.

Kind regards,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started using InDesign when they stopped making PageMaker. It have been easier to adapt from the earlier versions, but you will have to look at some video tutorials to catch up. There are lots on YouTube. It may be well worth your time to do so. I also suggest you look at BarbBinder​ 's links.

All the best!

Kenneth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking in the InDesign forum for more information about opening Pagemaker files.
For instance, https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=pagemaker+files&place=%2Fplaces%2F1383625&depth=ALL

Or you could try here Adobe PageMaker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to install PageMaker ver. 7.0 on Windows 10 Professional. Built the hardware myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines