• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would love to create a WordPress theme using Muse. Has anyone done this?

Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I really enjoy using Muse. I hear it will soon include responsive design, which is awesome. I would really love to figure out how to use Muse to create Word Press Themes quickly. Has anyone done this? Is anyone working on this, or is this something you also thought about doing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible with Muse. Wordpress has a very proprietary structure and uses PHP. Muse generates HTML, CSS and Javascript only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌That's a shame. This is the only thing missing with Muse. Maybe I could export the site to html and then change the extensions to PHP? I know it's a stretch, but it seems it could be possible to do this and then maybe tweek the files to fit into the Wordpress structure? But then, this might be more work than actually building a Wordpress theme from scratch. It just seems that Muse might give me a good starting point. I don't know...I'm just now learning code, so I'm curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code that Muse generates is not very usable for even experienced coders. You would be better off starting from scratch in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Yeah, you're right, that makes sense. Oh well.  It would be a dream if maybe one day Business Catalyst supported PHP and Muse output PHP code. Together, they could create a phenomenal CMS that has the potential to be so much better than WordPress. Muse is so intuitive. It really almost gives web designers the power to create anything they can imagine, minus any site that would need a CMS or dynamic content. But the Adobe and Muse teams are in my opinion the best out there. Muse is a fantastic product. I wish I could use it for everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Business Catalyst does not support PHO and doesn't need to. It is already a far superior CMS than Wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe you, I just never have experimented much with business catalyst.

How is it superior to WordPress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines