ie v11.0.3, javascript exception: error calling selector function:Error: invalid argument.

New Here ,
May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas how to go about correcting this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information such as where you are getting the error and what you are doing at the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, another Muse glitch.

Anyone who logs onto my Adobe Muse built website using IE browsers gets this above mentioned Javascript message.

Here's the website: www.hmitestdrive.com

Worked great prior to the Adobe Muse update. Foolishly a few weeks ago, I updated my adobe muse and now the website does not work on any IE browser.  Works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

Your colleague in at a phone center in India suggested removing every single third party widget (there are about 40 of them) and after each removal I should test the site so I can find the glitch.  Huh? So, there's apparently a rogue third party widget--remember, these are third parties approved by Adobe so I assume they go through the same vigorous screening as Apple does with their third party app makers--- causing this error message and performance issues only on IE?  Am I wrong to assume the customer should not be blamed for this as I  just was?  Again, it worked great prior to the Muse update, after I updated to the new version of Muse (I put off for several months) it now does not work because of a vendor you approved?  Where do I get a refund>?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3rd party widgets are developed and maintained by um.... 3rd parties -- not Adobe.

Have you contacted the widget developer yet?  They may be aware of the problem and have a fix for it.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines