• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator+Character Animator+Video Presenter Express+ Adobe Portfolio = FUN!

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago I talked about how one could make their Adobe Portfolio and Behance projects more interesting.

So I created a project using Adobe Illustrator and Character Animator featuring Winston from Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch.  I then created an explanation video using Adobe Video Presenter Express.  Finally I uploaded everything to Adobe Portfolio.

Final result.... a cool project utilizing several Adobe products all uploaded to my Adobe Portfolio site!

https://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/adobe-character-animator-overwatchs-winston

If you have used Character Animator and/or Video Presenter Express share your links below!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so cool. I love Character Animator. Only thing preventing me from using it is I don't have the ability to draw characters,

Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad... you do not have to draw the best characters.  In fact, characters can be simple shapes.

Example

People cartoon characters Vector | Free Download

So if you can place circles or squares into Photoshop or Illustrator then you can create some characters.  Try it and let show me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ken, however, there is no way of getting around having to draw all the mouth and eye variations. No matter how basic the character is even if the character is just a straight line and nothing else you still have to be able to accurately draw all the mouth variations, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad...

Okay Samurai is part of the Character Animator Team... and he has several videos on YouTube.  With those videos is a download link where you can get 10 or so of the puppets he created.  You are able to download those and utilize the mouths that he created on his puppets.  This will give you a start to creating the mouths.

You can also use his eyes too.

I looked up the mouths on Google and I kind of guessed while creating them.  The three main mouths to focus on is the L, F and O.  These seem to be the most different out of any mouth series.  The rest are easy to make as they are very similar to each other.

The thing is to play with it... have fun with it... and as you do you will learn how to do it on your own.

https://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/adobe-tech-wednesday-lecture-adobe-character-animator

https://www.youtube.com/user/okaysamurai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kenneth, I never thought of just taking the mouth assets from other demo puppets. Great tip.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download free example projects and puppets: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-6029 (official adobe pack) and http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/ (okay samurai puppet pack)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very nice! It's helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines