• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inside Adobe

Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting.  Johnny Behiri has just put an article on Cinema5D about visits to three Adobe offices.  Santa Monica, San Jose and San Francisco.

https://www.cinema5d.com/inside-adobe-an-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-documentary/

I first read about the article on PetaPixel, and there are a few more pictures there (screen grabs from the video?) so I'll share that link as well.  It's often interesting to read the comments after articles, so another reason to visit both sites.  I've not watched the video yet, so I don't know if anyone we know, like Tricia has a staring role.  Fingers crossed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to have a tour of the Adobe offices. I wonder how he managed to arrange for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He was invited by the video team Jane.  It's all about connections!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TriciaLawrence, while I would love to see the Adobe offices, the other thing I would love to do again is to take that coastal drive as a multi-day trip between SF and LA. In the video, they were just trying to make time between the two cities, and they missed one of the most beautiful drives in the U.S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, Jane!  Though I have to say, we always shoot down the I5 to get to LA in the interests of time.  Looking forward to the day we can take the coastal road as time isn't an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've drive the PCH three times and have extraordinary memories from each drive. A funny - funny story from one that I'll have to tell live one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Celeste, I can’t wait to hear your story—maybe in May?

Watching this video triggered my memories of this drive (even though they didn’t do it in the video), and by the end of the day yesterday I realized that I have to do it again and the best way is to combine it with a trip to MAX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnny Behiri was a wee bit gloomy for someone provided such an amazing opportunity. He'd give JJ a run for his money with his worrying about bugs, and then he dissed David Blackmon, the VR guy!

Johnny, 'Who needs this?' [said with feeling] 'I personally, don't believe in it. It's a trend, maybe very much like 3D.'

Er Johnny you Luddite.  The World Cup  was recorded in VR using cameras like this:  Google Next VR and you'll see these cameras on the sidelines of American Football, Baseball, Basketball and similar major sporting events.   When Johnny tried it out, he'd obviously never worn a VR headset before, so  I wonder what he was basing his writing off of the genre?

Just for one tiny moment, I thought Johny was taking a risk going up to the roof to shoot some selfies — I mean you know how dangerous it is taking selfies nowadays .

This is Lea Cardwell looking upbeat and welcoming at the San Jose office.

Lea, 'I'm the best Tour Guide, here at Adobe, just for you.'

Johnny, 'The best or the only?.'

Lea, 'The best.'  [through gritted teeth — actually she never stopped smiling. A true professional]

I think Johnny thought he was being funny.

What a fantastic place to work though.  I loved the Tech Cafe, and the best bit was obviously the brief walk through the Photoshop floor.  What I wouldn't give to have one of these on my wall!

I see the Photoshop team are using the latest Mac Pros, and I've just noticed the cartoon.  Dilbert? 

I loved the video despite Johnny, and will watch it again.

My memory of the PCH heading south from San Francisco was a bit of a disappointment.  We drove around Carmel for ages, but there was no sign of Clint Eastwood. .  I can also remember driving  over a  rise into dips filled with thick mist, which while a tiny bit was worrying, was also very beautiful. 

Right. Time to fire off a PM to Pete Green to ask for a proper tour of the Photoshop office.  I think Jane is up for it, but we need to persuade Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Johnny Behiri was a wee bit gloomy for someone provided such an amazing opportunity. He'd give JJ a run for his money with his worrying about bugs, and then he dissed David Blackmon, the VR guy!

Johnny, 'Who needs this?' [said with feeling] 'I personally, don't believe in it. It's a trend, maybe very much like 3D.'

Er Johnny you Luddite.

Right. Time to fire off a PM to Pete Green to ask for a proper tour of the Photoshop office.  I think Jane is up for it, but we need to persuade Dave.

Trevor, they should have invited you with your two team members to take the video. Had you been given an opportunity like this one, you would have done a better job of showing Adobe in a good light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"our reputation wasn't as good as we'd like" wow that is a very honest public answer from an Adobe staff... does he still work there?

Trevor.Dennis good luck with the email... if anyone can pull off a tour of Photoshop I'd love to see the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

He was talking about the reputation Premiere had in its early days, before about 10-12 years ago...

The product of course has made enormous strides since then, and no longer has any such reputation to my knowledge.

Thanks so much for sharing this, Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor!  This is a great video, I'll share with my team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines