• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interesting Article on Aging Creatives - What are your thoughts?

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read this article Motionographer Too old for mograph? which talks about future goals and paths for creatives (specifically for motion designers but applies to other types of digital artists). In my own experience, I would consider myself a "compulsive maker" who doesn't really enjoy business administration but does enjoy writing and teaching. What are your thoughts about the future for creatives as they enter their 40s, 50s, and 60s?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking as someone in their 60's, I can honestly say that once one reaches their mid 50's, they start to look at life differently than they previously did.

20 years ago, if someone said they wanted something yesterday, I would have tried to get it done as fast as possible, now I say, "you should have asked me last week then", and nothing changes my plans for holidays or weekends.

I also no longer suffer those who think they don't need to keep up, with what is happening in their profession. Or think that everyone else should help them, without any effort on their side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pziecina  wrote

I also no longer suffer those who think they don't need to keep up, with what is happening in their profession. Or think that everyone else should help them, without any effort on their side.

and boo who my cs4 software doesn't work on this new machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a compulsive 60-something maker. Believe it or not I have several 30-somethings friends that like to hang out with me and consider me open minded and creative..

I'm trying to create marketing materials (brochure) for 60+ something donors to a non profit organization. Everyone tells me this:

the font should be BIG so that they can read it

it must have lots of pictures

colors can not be muted

BORING! and less than fun. Older people like to be surprised and sometimes challenge, at least I do. I need some advice: how do I create marketing materials that don't turn people off but push the envelope and wake people up? HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines