• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a recovery?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question. I am new to the program... and while i was working on a lengthy project i noticed the program seemed to be auto saving my work, then the program crashed and i opened my project to find nothing. help! is there a recovery? was it saving in some other location. or is all lost?

What program are you using? Post in the correct forum for that program, not in the non-technical Lounge--Moderator

[title cut down ussnorway]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicholas,

Please specify the application that you are using.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i noticed the program seemed to be auto saving my work...

Don't assume anything.  Always, always save your work regularly with Ctrl+S.  If you don't, you're asking for trouble.

I often save multiple versions of the same project to revert back to if needed. You can never have too many backups when things go horribly wrong on you (power failures, computer glitches, mutant zombie attacks, etc...).   There's nothing worse than losing an entire day's worth of work because you neglected to save backups.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should get with the program and develop a robust crash recovery system with automated backups.  In spite of being the flagship photo program, Photoshop is still in the dark ages in many ways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto file recovery in Photoshop and Dreamweaver CC work just fine for me.  I know because we've had some power outages lately and as long as my opened files were saved beforehand, they were restored. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro can recover files too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is great at recovering from crashes, and the feature is in Illustrator as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without knowing your program, you might glean some information in Preferences. (Application menu on the Mac; Edit menu on Windows).

As Nancy said, always Save. On a Mac, though, it's Cmd + S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines