• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG sells for $69.3 Million!!

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first all digital artwork  -- a JPG collage by the artist Beeple  -- has sold for $69.3 million at a Christie's auction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/arts/design/nft-auction-christies-beeple.html

Maybe we should all think twice before erasing those digital images from our memory cards and flash sticks.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I can wrap my head around this:

"One of the obvious benefits of buying art is it lets you financially support artists you like, and that’s true with NFTs (which are way trendier than, like, Telegram stickers). Buying an NFT also usually gets you some basic usage rights, like being able to post the image online or set it as your profile picture. Plus, of course, there are bragging rights that you own the art, with a blockchain entry to back it up."

https://www.theverge.com/22310188/nft-explainer-what-is-blockchain-crypto-art-faq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.  It seems, on the surface anyway, that the blockchain carries the provenance and ownership rights.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting how the artist sells the NFT. Some sites slap on the fees. Seller beware.

https://youtu.be/11eTOur4lPs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my life, many things delight me. But I especially like to travel. There is nothing better for me before you are going somewhere on the road - this is the anticipation of travels, an attempt to change and become others, but in fact, when you are returning, you are already different. These are just indescribable sensations. But for excellent travels you need to earn a lot. In this matter, financial transactions and trading  always help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines