• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Frontpage

LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Random thought of the day: Remember how far ahead of it's time Microsoft Frontpage was for creating websites in the mid 90's? Glad it died though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember Adobe PageMill ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I remember it, still have the disk somewhere. You remember Adobe Dimensions or maybe Adobe Streamline? I got those too. Times change thank goodness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brad+Lawryk  wrote

Remember how far ahead of it's time Microsoft Frontpage was for creating websites in the mid 90's?

what I remember is people still asking me to teach it in the year 2000 and being VERY upset when I said no

I also remember pointing out that Microsoft doesn't use it on their own websites at the time.

pros didn't use it because it was not secure and the average Joe didn't use it because they didn't trust Microsoft... whats changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never liked FrontPage.  I always felt FP was an inferior MS product & could never understand why people used it.   For a while, I used NetObjects Fusion which was way better than FrontPage.  In fact, I think NetObjects is still around.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Golly, what a memory.  I used FP for a bunch of projects, hmmm, maybe 14 years ago.  I actually thought it was pretty good back then.  However, like the OP, I wouldn't want to go back to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines