• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moleskine? anyone worked with?

Mentor ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am intrigued with this product and wonder if anyone has worked with this? Description is not very cohesive so need info if anyone has tried/worked with. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moleskin is a densely woven synthetic microfiber with a suede-like nap on the fabric's right side.  Among other things, it can be used to make durable outerwear and windbreakers, notebooks, etc...   It does not wrinkle and does not shrink.  If I were sewing garments with it, I would use a microtex sharp 70/10 or 80/12 sewing  needle, machine zig-zag stich and cotton covered polyester thread.  Because it's a microfiber, I recommend topstiching seams to prevent puckering.  What are you thinking of using it for?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy- this is the Moleskine I was referring to: ttps://us.moleskine.com/

The article is on https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2019/06/8th-annual-moleskine-project/

I am intrigued and wondered if anyone was familiar with this process.

I also live in the woods and moles are everywhere but this is another aspect. Why it is called Moleskine I have not a clue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I totally misunderstood your question

The project looks intriguing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy- I am also intrigued... thus the question! If I decide to try I'll post here what I find as seem no others have tried and what also is of interest is that Adobe has a hand in this! Be great if Adobe someone would chime in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until your post, I'd never heard about it.  It seems there are Creative Cloud connected Moleskine products in the Adobe Collection.  Images drawn in your notebook are then digitally exported to JPG / SVG for further development in PS or AI.  

https://us.moleskine.com/en/smart-notebooks/adobe-collection/030102-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... you don't mean the medical product Moleskin - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ John... :-)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moleskine sketchbooks are widely considered the pinnacle of art paper by many artists. I've never used it, but it has a fantastic reputation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines