• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monthly subscriptions

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like many kids, love animation, love making it, but i can't afford 20 dollars a month. It's very bias to say "make it" on your ads, and expect little kids like me, to come up with a monthly subscription. Animation was gonna be one of my dream jobs, and when that was taken away from me, i  was depressed - i am depressed, my heart is broken. Yeah, i will probably be able to afford it in the future, but that's a different place, and i need practice. 20 dollars a month comes out to 240 dollars a year, and while you MAY be able to make money off of it, there are (and i could be wrong) 1 billion people on the internet. imagine trying to find one exact piece. You would need to pay a lot to get it to be noticed. 240 dollars a year is like asking for a cheap hotel. Animate does not provide you shelter, it does not feed you, nor does it give you water. Once again, this was going to be a career for me, but i can't afford a career that's 20 dollars or more a month. Sure there are free alternatives, but i love animate, and my trial, my 7 day trial made me feel right at home.

[The Forum comments forum is for issues with these forums themselves, so a moderator has moved this thread to somewhere more appropriate.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy surely has the answer.  In fact if the OP likes Animate then fine tune the search to 'Adobe Animate alternatives'

https://www.topbestalternatives.com/adobe-animate-cc/

Find a forum focused purely on animation and ask what they mostly use. You'll need to have a good idea of what sort of animation you want to produce, and what formats you'll want to output to.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/forums/general-animation/

I'm thinking that the secret to finding the right software is to find one with lots of free tutorials.  It sounds like the OP is fairly young, so they are surely going to be able to learn other apps without trouble. 

When you get into it, look for local companies with nice websites and design and make an animation they will find irresistible and absolutely must have for their websites, and then sell it to them.  Ask the guys on the Toonzone forum how you can make some dollars with animation.

One thing that comes to mind is what sort of computer hardware the OP is using, and if it is up to running this software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to burst the bubble surrounding the use of programs like Adobe Animate for you.

You do not not require them.

All programs like Animate do for you is provide a visual interface for using the html5 canvas element. You could create your animations using just a free code editor, such as Adobe Brackets, or Microsofts visual studio code. Then show your animation in a browser, (you could even create webGL 3d animations this way).

All you need to do is learn javascript.

You could even do 70% of the animations i have seen using nothing but html and css animations, (a combination of transforms, transitions and keyframes).

So the completely free alternative is a free code editor, and learning to use html, css and javascript, (for programming the canvas element).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i am going to learn javascript more. I have thought out what my animation software will look like, and i think it will turn out really well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dinoanimator  wrote

Thanks, i am going to learn javascript more.

you will need a basic HTML understanding before you move into javascript so doen't skip the first lessons... even if they are boring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks i know, i am learning html5 too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do what pziecina suggested and learn to code this stuff. You're not going to get rich posting on youtube, but learning to code can get you decent work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also keep in mind that if you are still in school (which I assume you are if you say you are a kid), Adobe has a very good Education rate for students and teachers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If $20/month is a hardship, the student rate won't help much.

I think learning to draw in Inkscape and code animations manually will be the best possible education at this point.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

surrrreeeeee....  silvrsky's DeviantArt gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you turn 13 soon ..... you are actually breaking the terms and conditions of Deviantart if you are indeed only 12.

Terms of Service | DeviantArt

13. Registration

To register as a member of the Service or purchase products, you must be 13 years ......

Not that I care. I say all the best to you. This just shows you have plenty of time to learn. Learn as much as you can with what you have available. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't give up on your dream. Get resourceful! The educational discount is a great way to go, but you can also try to win software. There's an online Adobe event tonight where they are giving out a 12-month Creative Cloud subscription. You'll probably need a parent to register for you (I'm guessing the winner will need to be over 18 to win). Here's the link to register Home - Creative Cloud Events This one is for After Effects, which might also interest you. Check out other Adobe events (Home - Creative Cloud Events ), too, because they often give out a 12-month CC prize. Also check if there is an Adobe User Group near you (Adobe User Group directory). User groups get to raffle software every six months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i point something out to you; animation =

• web animation
  • banners i.e, google adds and billboards
  • game... as in your character and other npc
  • movie, includes every thing from Barbie and the white horse to terminator

they are different styles and use different software but my point is all have their own rules that don't apply when you step outside their industry so be clear about which one you want to learn at school

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines