• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nancy, got another one for you.

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These trees line the avenue where I live. Just about every yard has one. They're beautiful and very fragrant almost a sweet perfume aroma. My neighbor said she thought it was a wisteria but I've seen and smelled a wisteria it was more willowy and it's fragrance was different than this. My guess is it's a lilac of some sort but then again everythings a lilac to me as I'm just guessing. I can tell you this, the bloom only lasts a couple of weeks or so and then the rest of the spring and summer it devotes to proliferant large seed pod production . Can you tell what it is? Thanks; you wonderful botanist.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you see these two new species. The yellow flowering one I just planted the other has been in the pot for at least 4 yrs, it dies back in winter and regrows again in the spring. The third one isn't in my yard but was in a landscape I shot this morning. From what I remember someone saying is that maybe it's name is "Firecracker" because of its yellow, orange and reddish colors. Both the Yellow flowering plant and the Firecracker one I think are hybrids and were created for drought tolerance I think. Do you know their names Nancy? Or anybody? Sorry about the pictures but that the best I could do.img_0004.jpg  plant.jpgimg_0006.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​Did you know: The National Flower of Barbados is called the Pride of Barbados (Caesalpinia Pulcherrima) and also known as Red Bird of Paradise. I didn't. So there's the answer to the picture of the red, orange and yellow flowers that I thought were called "Firecrackers".

The yellow flowers and called "Bignonias". I think that's what they are. But I still don't know what the green plant is yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your yellow flowers are Tecoma Stans (aka Esperanza or Yellow Bells.).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of Hibiscus blooms and some Narcissus I think but not sure.

hibiscus.jpg

narcisus.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just took this one a couple of hours ago. I'd just watered the backyard lawn in prep for the triple digit temps that would shortly arrive when this colorful winged beauty flew in on the wind looking for a refreshing drink. So I dashed off for the camera hoping it would stick around. Once I got back it spooked and circled me a couple of times and figuring I wasn't a threat landed again either that or thirst won out.

img_0012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines