• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non commercial users

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why doesn't Adobe support non commercial users, i.e. those who don't get paid for projects they do, there are options for students, i.e. those who are in school or university, but nothing for the many that are self learning.

there are many users who dedicate many many unpaid hours to creative projects but are unsupported and unfinanced, the cost to Adobe is zero, but these people are commiting to developing skills that make Adobe software more legitimate, i.e. they are self training to be able to use Adobe software in companies who finance Adobe, so why not support these non commercial projects and learners who are not based at an institution, that way less people will resort to pirated software

reward people's devotion and commitment to creativity whilst at the same time getting free marketing and bulding a huge community of supporters for Adobe as a company that is not only about making money with quality products, but also for being a company that encourages creativity and community beyond the financial, such as Google and software such as Blender etc etc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Why don't you take a look at https://www.adobe.com/corporate-responsibility.html where I believe you will have your questions answered. Adobe does collaborate with many non-profit organizations in a number of ways including grants, software, publicity, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you take a look at https://www.adobe.com/corporate-responsibility.html where I believe you will have your questions answered. Adobe does collaborate with many non-profit organizations in a number of ways including grants, software, publicity, etc.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

organisations yes, but not individuals, those starting out who wish to invest huge amounts of time and effort into learning a skill and using the Adobe software, many cannot afford the expensive subscription and don't have money to pay for expensive courses where they can access Adobe software or cannot get a foot in the door of companies who have the software because they didn't have access to it, due to not being able to afford it, so could not learn it, so instead all those people will pirate the software, I bet lowering the subscription price would result in Adobe making more money, and less pirating of the amazing software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you are not a member if a non profit , school or business Adobe doesn't support everyone😔 I wish they would create a 'occasional user' category and offer them something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:DengXian;<br> panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"\@DengXian";<br> panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0cm;<br> margin-bottom:.0001pt;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;<br> margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Thankfully Toonz is very good for animation, more inline with professional animation software in general, also installed Gimp for raster and Inkscape for vector and Corel Aftershot (free with a Wacom) for quick photo edits including Raw, plus Openshot for video, all for free and just a matter of investing a little time in getting used to them, after 20+ years of using Adobe, has been about time to invest my time in something more open and that supports the non commercial individuals, away from corporate control, far more equal and accessible

Sam

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines