• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On a Mac Pro, which processor is BEST for running all the Adobe CC programs: a higher clock speed with fewer cores - OR - a slightly slower clcok speed with more cores?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My options are:

• 3.5 GHz 6-core with 12Mb L3 cache

• 3.0 GHz 8-core with 25Mb L3 cache

• 2.7 GHz 12-core with 30Mb L3 cache

Thanks for your help!

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

The usual wisdom is if you are running a single application, it can complete tasks more quickly with a higher clock speed and fewer cores. But if you run multiple apps (a browser, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, office apps, etc) all at once, go for more cores at a lower speed. In practice, you will rarely notice the differences in clock speed between 2.7 and 3.5 unless you're hammering your system.

Since most CC users are running more than one app at a time, I'd recommend the more cores option

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual wisdom is if you are running a single application, it can complete tasks more quickly with a higher clock speed and fewer cores. But if you run multiple apps (a browser, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, office apps, etc) all at once, go for more cores at a lower speed. In practice, you will rarely notice the differences in clock speed between 2.7 and 3.5 unless you're hammering your system.

Since most CC users are running more than one app at a time, I'd recommend the more cores option. Here's a good reference:

Do I need lots of cores or a faster CPU clock speed? Cores, processors, GHz, multi-threading & hyper...

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the courtesy and completeness of your reply... Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a Hardware Forum for his kind of stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines