• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One Adobe alternative...Microsoft Excel?

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, when someone complains about the Adobe subscription model, let them know there is an alternative, but you gotta be good.

Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist | Spoon & Tamago

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow !!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll echo Dave's comment.  So many stunning images, and from me experience of wrestling with Office shapes and objects, he is as much a hero as an artist.  He even says it is easier than MS Paint!  Go figure.    Actually, I may have learned something, because he says that Excel is more flexible than Word when it comes to this stuff, and my 'wrestling' comment above, was in relation to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not nearly in the same league as that beautiful picture, but back when I was designing 19 inch rack layouts for installation projects, I had an Excel template that let me put in things to scale--1RU, 2RU etc.  I even had some graphics to represent some common equipment items.

I also used Excel for creating cable schedules...and for working out the bill at the end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really nice!

Like I always say, it's not the tool, it's the person using it .

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but I would not want to mow the lawn with nail clippers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. That's impressive. I agree the artist would need to be good. I've seen people try to use Excel to mock up websites. That was not pretty on a number of levels.

Speaking of artists being able to master a tool... have you seen the graphic novel that was recently released by an artist who used Microsoft Paint? Microsoft (MSFT) Paint was solely used to create a stunning 1980's-inspired graphic novel — Quartz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines