Photo restoration

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this old  photo that  I need to restore the hands, and dress,  I have tried the Healing tool , and sharp tool but it does not seem to have done anything to improve it, you can see the fingers, but this is it. Any suggestion is appreciated.

I tried to upload the photo but it has rejected it, and I can not paste it either. what other way can I upload this photo?

Jeannette.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure just upload the photo to photo or file sharing site i.e dropbox. google drive etc and share (paste) the link in your reply! Maybe then us PhotoShop persons can advise...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is not clear about the information, where is '''i.e dropbox. google drive etc and share (paste), where is this?

thanks

Jeannette

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox is an online file storage site you sign up for free at dropbox.com or use your google account and save the file in Google drive. These are not options in Photoshop that are external. You will need to read up on how to use these services on the services websites. Alternatively google "how to I share a photo online" What’s the Fastest and Easiest Way to Share an Image Online? I am sorry i cannot offer more help but this is a Adobe help forum not a file sharing help forum. You could also try Creative Cloud Help | Share files, libraries, and more sharing files with Adobe Cloud.!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  ThePhotoRetoucher

Thanks  fort this information
Here is the link I hope it works. Dropbox - IMG_20151008_0002 copy.tif

Jeannette

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i see the image. The hands are almost all missing from the little girl? How are you managing to correct these? It looks like a long project but perhaps you could find some donor hands and carefully match the grain and focus and colour and lighting of the original and then blend the new hands in. You may have to search a while to find an image to borrow the hands from.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop , I have tried the Healing tool , as I have seen it on You Tube that brings up the underneath area, similar to my photo, but they are not as damaged as mine. It does not work on mine, Healing tool goes over the missing area that is covered with something similar, all the the photos restoration as not as damaged and fade as mine.

Jeannette

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The healing tool alone is not going to help this image. It can indeed be restored to very close to original but the amount of work this would take would be very extensive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad is correct. There is no magic tool that will restore or recover image data that is missing unless it's small and surrounded by similar image data. Missing image data can sometimes be "faked" by using the Clone tool. If not, you literally have to DRAW the image. Washed out images can often be improved with layers of different types and/or Enhancement options to improve lighting, color, sharpness, etc. A satisfying restoration of your image is likely to be expensive owing to the fact that the restorer will need significant artist skills.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeanette,

Google Drive and Dropbox are file storage abs sharing services. Google the terms to find the relevant web pages.

I use both but use Dropbox more.

-

Kirsten Rourke

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I was not aware of this , this is a very good service  IT.. thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying as a restoration artist and Lynda.com author on the subject, all i can say is that a satisfactory result can only be had by either redrawing or matching in new hands as my reply previously. I find that those that use the drawing in technique, the replacement ends up looking airbrushed and the to counteract this, restorations are often airbrushed over the whole image. It is then no longer a photo but a drawing. Some prefer this. Carefully blending in new hands in with grain matching techniques is the best way to go. IMHO

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines