• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop didn't work at all for me

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took pictures and videos using my iPhone 8 and my Canon Powershot Elph 180 and had a lot of trouble importing and viewing my photos and videos using both Photoshop Elements and Elements Primier.  I have about 2000 files altogether, probably 1600 pictures and 400 videos.  The videos total somewhere around an hour.  I tried importing into Elements and it took hours.  Here are some exerpts from my attempts to get help:

"I have PSE premier and have imported about 2000 pictures and videos and iPhone live shots from my recent trip to Alaska.  My videos total about 1 hour.  I have imported all the regular JPG pictures, but can't play the videos.  I keep getting a yellow error screen that says "Media Pending" in several languages.  What can I do to see my .MOV files?"

"Playing a video file is relatively simple compared to editing a collection of video files.  Premiere Elements is an entry level video editor that is equipped to code and decode the files from primary consumer cameras.  It is not equipped to code and decode "everything".

Video file extensions like "MOV and "MP4" are container formats.  Inside those containers can be hundreds of varying codecs.

If you want to keep going with this, you could download the program "MediaInfo", look inside and post the results of your MOV files.  We might be able to find a fix." 

Well, after a few days  I found the solution!  I ditched Photoshop altogether and am using ACDSee Photo Studio and Video Studio.  It handles all my file formats just fine and I can see and edit and organize as I please.  There is a limit of 1000 videos to import, but I'm well under that limit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you're posting this to the Premiere Elements user to user forum, but okay.

With more information about those Quicktime files as well as your system (What operating system are you on and which version of Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements for instance), we could likely have helped you.

But glad to hear you found a solution in any event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

moved from Premiere Elements to The Lounge

because this is not a request for technical help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines