• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place video online for parents to buy and down load

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client, (dance school) who has 3 shows a year that I video & create DVDs to sell to parents. The school wants to do away with the DVDs & have the parents pay for & down load the video from the internet. When a parent down loads a video the client wants the parent not to be able to share the video with another parent without paying. One show is approx 3 hrs. the other 2 shows are approx 1 1/2 hrs long. I edit with Adobe Premire Pro. I have a Smug Mug & Drop Box acc.

Please advise me on what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Ron Lawson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

"the client wants the parent not to be able to share the video with another parent without paying."

No-can-do.  Once a file is downloaded, parents can do whatever they want with it.   There's nothing you can do to prevent sharing on social media and e-mail.  It's out of your hands. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For added security, my download files reside on Amazon S3 buckets without public accesshttps://aws.amazon.com/s3/

So even if the download link falls into wrong hands, they can't access the files without 1) a special encrypted key and 2) a link that originates from my servers.   Additionally, the links expire after X number of days. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the client wants the parent not to be able to share the video with another parent without paying."

No-can-do.  Once a file is downloaded, parents can do whatever they want with it.   There's nothing you can do to prevent sharing on social media and e-mail.  It's out of your hands. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy, I couldn't find thread about car accident.. are you an husband OK ? It's been a while...

??

Hope all is cool. Also hope you have new car to get turkey for Thanksgiving !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines