Please Help me add TV shows to Netflix

Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone who reads this... please go to the link below and enter these 2 lines to help me get the shows I want Netflix to add (you do not need to be a Netflix member)

Madam Secretary season 6
Lucifer season 6

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest?ui_action=title-suggestion-quicklinks

TOPICS
Learn

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did it, but I think Madam Secretary is still under the control of CBS, and they have it on their pay channel CBS All Access. You can get it on Amazon Prime but you have to pay for each episode. Has Netflix ever aired it? I do love Lucifer!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Netflix currently has Madam Secretary seasons 1-thru-5 so I'm hoping to nudge them to add Madam Secretary season 6

Lucifer seasons 1-thru-4 are on Netflix now, with s5 due "sometime" this year (latest speculation is May) and news reports that Netflix MAY be working on doing a season 6

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok I was aware of the Lucifer situation, but I didn't find Madam Secretary on Netflix when I did a general Roku  search. I just now did a search within Netflix, and now I see it there. I wonder why it didn't show up.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done 🙂 I didn't even know one could suggest series to Netflix! Oh, I'm going to use that website a lot haha

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bad thing is that I am in Germany and distribution varies from country to country.... too bad VPNs no longer work. It was so great when you could change your region and view what was a on Netflix US, Netflix Canada and even Netflix Netherlands.  Ugghhhh.... those were the days.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain why a VPN doesn't work there?

Is the use of  VPN's banned in Germany or something?   I'm curious.

Also, have you tried the USTVNow app? It may not include Netflix but it surely let you watch US Tv channels from another country. You ma also want to check how this app works on Roku.

TerrariumTV  app is also a great alternative to try.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years ago, Netflix decided to block all VPNs.

I live in Germany, I am American. Germany and most countries have different distribution rules.  Other times Netflix does not buy the rights to show things in all regions, or other services might have the rights.

So... I used to watch things using a VPN.  It was great.  The Netherlands, one country over has more content!  And Canada.

Well, Netflix caught on that people were doing this and decided to end the ability to use VPNs.

Because VPNs allowed people to work around the rules of distribution for various properties and change their location to different countries.

I know it sucks.  But alas, VPNs no longer work.  Which is sad, because Netflix Germany really lacks a lot.

But to get deeper into distribution and so forth.  This is also partly why Hulu is not in Germany. Also, for example, I can not stream the American version of reality shows if there is a German version.  Sometimes I can not even stream commercials from the US.  And YouTube has a lot of things block thanks to Germanay's Gemma.  Such a pain.

Coporate BS basically.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to try these out. Are they paid services?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many shows, including Lucifer, now suspended due to the virus... hopefully filming will resume without any of the actors on the show catching the virus

Wife and I are self-isolated to do our best to stay healthy

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much all of production is down.  I worked for 13 years in film, television and advertising in NYC.  I know none of my friends are working in NYC right now. 

But man oh man oh man do I miss working on sets and productions.  FYI... watch the SNL music video featuring from Lonely Island featuring Akon 'I Just Had Sex.' I am the guy sitting next to the blonde girl in the Irish bar scene.... wearing a tan sweater with brown sleaves. I started out as PA and worked my way up.

Unfortunately where I live in Germany there is not much filming... so I ended up switching to Marketing and PR.  But oh man do I ever miss being on sets!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines