Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about the community | Thesis

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

This might be a little out of order but I hope some of you will be able to help me out.

I am currently writing a thesis on interactivity, communication and participation in virtual communities and for a benchmark I would like to include the Adobe Community aswell.

For this I need certain information regarding the community. My questions are as followed:

In what ways does Adobe communicate with you? E.g. newsletters, posts from moderators, events or webinars.

How do members like yourself interact with eachother? E.g. replying on posts.

Are there certain rewards or stimuli that motivates you the interact with other members? E.g. kudos or points.

What kind of knowledge or information do you exchange with eachother? E.g. information regarding products, newest updates, different methodologies. 

I know this is a kind of odd thing to ask here but I am hoping to atleast gather some information that will help me further with my thesis.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is actually interesting.  I am a Marketing and PR guru... and so I love interaction and engagement.  It is really important. 

Currently, I am teaching a Digital Marketing course here in Germany and one thing I preach to my students is that you simply do not post and then you are done.  You have to interact and engage your community.

This article might help.

https://medium.com/@dusselyorkcitystudios/devcom-recap-2018-blizzards-saralyn-smith-1105c420fb52

In 2018, I heard Blizzard Entertainment's Sarahlyn Smith speak about community and how Blizzard interacts as well as promotes community action.  Granted at the 2018 Blizzcon they made a critical error regarding the announcement of Diablo Mobile.  Man oh man... that was a PR disaster.  Look it up.  I think you will enjoy learning about it if you did not hear about it.

Moral of the story... you have to stay on point... you have to listen to your community... you need to turn strong community members into ambassadors... and then you need to engage everyone as much as possible!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines