Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example of the shift from purchasing to subscription:

Subscription Model - XC40 Compact SUV | Volvo Car USA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than picking out the car features online, people have been renting... leasing... vehicles for many years, so I don't see much new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cost puts a Creative Cloud subscription into some perspective!

My ex-wife convinced me to agree to her leasing a new car some years ago, but it was an expensive way to drive a new car.  I got anything up to 20% discount off a new Ford as an employee, which meant we could drive it for a year, and part exchange it for another new vehicle for just a few hundred pounds sterling, so it was a no brainer.  The downside was that working with several thousand people who enjoyed the same privilege, it could be difficult finding your car come home time, from an ocean of near identical vehicles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a project at a Ford plant in NJ several years ago. I drove a *gasp* Nissan.

Most every car there was, of course, a Ford. Those that were not were certainly other US brands.

I was slightly worried that after parking in the lot full of 'American' cars, my vehicle may be damaged when I came out!

Unfounded, no damage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need for the car analogy.

The next time someone complains about the CC subscription price, just point them to AutoCAD. That's $285 a month, and that's for one single application.

(BTW I drive a leased VW hybrid myself. Splendid deal by all accounts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines