• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REALLY Sucks to be stuck in Membership with Adobe

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A RANT. THIS IS ONLY A RANT.  Nothing helpful from me in this post. HOWEVER, IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT, PLEASE REPLY.

Foolishly, I missed the window to cancel my Adobe Stock membership without penalty. (But, hey, I'm the idiot that did not notice the $30US auto-payment debits until 3-months had passed.)  When I attempted to cancel, it required $140US to end my membership. WHAT?! Hell no. So then the Adobe site offered me 3-months off. HOORAY!! But of course I've still got to payout month-to-month after the "break".  BOO!

So, as the next $30US payment is sneaking up, I'm asked to make a website, and thought to change from Stock to Photoshop or Dreamweaver to make use of this "forced" membership. BRILLIANT! But the conversion will make the month-to-month amount increase to $50US. In the end, it feels like extortion to use anything Adobe because of the membership cancellation "penalty".

It is like.... "What? You thought you needed to poop, and you only needed to pee? That will cost you $20 to LEAVE without pooping."

Sucks. Hooray for FINE PRINT MEMBERSHIP CLAUSES at their finest.

Thank you for your time. Have a productive day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about your situation but I just had to LMAO as this one was the funniest rant I've read yet. You sure seem to have stepped in a pile of it this time. Hope your near a garden hose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock is separate from the Creative Cloud plans -- although you can bundle Creative Cloud with Adobe Stock for additional money.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

US Dollars:

Single Apps =  $20/mo

Full Plan = $50/mo

Full Plan + Stock = $80/mo

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fairness the stock rules could be made clearer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you use the credits you've accumulated before canceling Adobe Stock. It would be worse to have paid for those months and not have ​anything​ to show for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got stuck for a gym membership once in a similar way a number of years back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully the residual muscle mass obscured any persistent obsessive brain activity about the financial spill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines