• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request for a new feature in the new version!

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! My name is Yosef Anan, and I work in a company, my director asked me how much time you took in work? He asks me to determines the work's Cost per hour! Sometimes it takes me to work on a project for several days with other projects so I can't know exactly how much time it took. Is there any prosess that help me to know the exact time I took during working on adobe softwares? (In Active work status, not in opening window of app and not working on). Can you take my case in mind so in future adobe software have this feature in the new version of adobe software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File a feature request here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep a written log of my hours in case the subject ever comes up with a client.

Not a digital text file, but a real written record kept in a notebook with sewn in pages - no spiral binders for this!

I just note the time I start and the time I stop for each session.  I can always go back later and do math to get the total hours, but it honestly never came up!

Still, in my opinion, nothing beats a written record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Active work status, not in opening window of app and not working on

Just how is a program supposed to know that you are working, or not, when you have the program active on your screen?

When I have a document open, and I am not actually typing, I am still THINKING about what I am doing

While it may be possible to keep track of the start/stop times when you have a document up front on your screen, I know of no way for a program to know what you are doing to that open document... or even if you are actually at your computer

As suggested... keep a written log book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As every attorney and accountant will tell you, you must keep a written client log-in/out record to track both client billable hours vs non-billable hours. Time begun, time ended.

I used to keep logs for everything I did throughout the day.  When my work on 1 client project was interrupted to work on another, I had to mark the time on my sheets.  At the end of each day, we handed our logs in to the administrator whose job it was to enter the hours into our accounting software. 

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines