• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Return our butterfly! (some angry offtop)

Mentor ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always when I open InDesign I have non-controlled aggro. Because I see this - 

2019-12-19_19-59.png

Where is butterfly? Who's kill it our loving insect? Church of InDesigners hate you!

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opening splash screen was replaced with "creative artwork" a few years back. Can't recall the last version that used the butterfly logo.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George

According to David Blatner at InDesign Secrets, the butterfly disappeared when CS3 was released in 2007. Here’s page with the history of the splash screens:

https://indesignsecrets.com/a-history-of-indesign-splash-screens.php

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't Framemaker 5 or 7 have a book and a butterfly for it's splashscreen I can't remember. I still have the programs somewhere but as I don't have a 32bit computer, the program has been relogated to history for me. It was a good programs for writing  long technial documents that required footnotes and indexing; it excelled.

Does the new InDesign handle indexing and footnotes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines