• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking opinions on Font Management Apps for Mac

Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. Finally upgrading to Sierra (and this time, it'll work with my GPU, darn it!).

I have an old version of FontAgent Pro that wasn't supposed to work with my Yosemite, but did okay - but I know I'm going  to have to either buy their newest version or finally, switch out. So many of these apps seem to nickel and dime us - making us pay for auto activation when new Adobe versions come out, or making us have to log in online each time we want to use the app...

So - what're you guys using on Sierra? Anything? Why do you like it? I do need something, I have a ton of fonts...

Thanks beforehand for your suggestions.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Font book... I have a ton of fonts too. I don't mess with them often, so it works for me.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? The one that comes with the OS? Cool! Thanks! That'd save a ton!

I don't mess with them often, but when I do for a project, I do a LOT of messing!

Seems like a smart start though - if it does do what I need, as I need it, it'd save at least $100...

The reason I ask if it's the OS one is that there seems to be an actual paid app named font book - that's a $10 utility that looks like it's kinda like PopChar. But it doesn't look like that one actually MANAGES fonts.

BTW - I hear FontBook's had lots of improvements... Thanks for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns them on and off, allows me to make groups and tells me when they are bad... don't think I paid for it, but if I did, it was a million years ago.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had used Font book for awhile, but switched to FontExplorer X Pro eventually.  It's been handling my needs fairly well.  FontExplorer® X Pro - Font Management Software & Free Trial  . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's one I'm considering. Thanks! I'm going to temporarily work with the Free Fontbook solution for now - thing is - I'd forgotten to deactivate my apps prior to my OS upgrade (using FontAgent Pro) and now it crashes in Sierra (old version), so I can't deactivate what it had on!

I want to see if "Free" works for what I need. I have SO many fonts on my machine. Otherwise, FontExplorer is a main competitor, as well as Suitcase, and I did LIKE FontAgent Pro, but their policies made me very angry, so I'm trying to avoid it.

Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Font book...

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too!  At home. 

If tomorrow I had to set up a department with 10 or more designers managing numerous projects that use different fonts sets, I'd switch to Universal Type Client (budget permitting, of course).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines