• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

self implossion

Mentor ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing tutorials on advance ( so called ) color stuff using resolve. Only have cs6 creative suite ( speedgrade in those days ). Will never 'subscribe' or have edit computer hooked up to internet ( win 10 alone is reason enough not to do that , let alone adobe ).

The more I do and get better at color stuff the more I am losing patience with simple PPro poster problems and the answers being supplied.

For one thing I can't help much cause I don't have the new version(s). So I'm limited to basic edit and color questions without regard to platform or 'tools' ( avid, resolve, fcp, adobe, etc. ).  So I can't contribute much to begin with. As much as I like to help I really can't do much.

Lately there haven't been tons of posts... this means, according to one expert, "there are not a lot of problems and the programs are working really well, cause otherwise millions of people would be posting stuff ."

This is a good example of the ship that sank. If there aren't a lot of people in the water waving their arms and screaming to be saved from drowning, it means there probably was not a ship that sank in the first place.

Most of the population ( and marketing) has been geared to young people shooting many portable hand held cameras and telephones that can capture video. They are a class in themselves. H264 basically, exported to H264 to you tube.  Simple. Most of some entire giant COUNTRIES don't have internet and use cell phones to keep in touch with stuff, and those things shoot videos.  That's a big piece of pie for marketing.

Understandable. But I am losing patience with the stupid simple going down in flames to the lowest common denominator of stuff going on in that forum.

The latest and greatest is that the poster posts and then someone marks it ANSWERED other than the poster.   It's like, " This is assumed answered" two days after the original post.

I am nearly so embarrassed to be in any way associated with the stupid downward spiral that it is more than likely I will just delete the link to the PPro forum altogether, which would make me sad cause it's been a fun way to socialize with some of you nice people, and also fun to help once in a while.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I blame Adobe for most of this downward spiral.

It wouldn't be that hard to come up with tutorials ( with source material you can download to augment the tutorial(s) ) to teach how to use the program ( in this case PPro ).  Learn, how to make titles, how to make credits, how to edit a simple timeline of 15 clips into a coherent "story" ( with sound already sync's to any actors talking ). How to add special sound effects ( car starting, jet landing, dog barking ), how to add a music soundtrack ( already mixed down)… how to adjust those levels using keyframes or 'compression' or whatever...

Tons of stuff can be done with simple tutorials.

What is the most important ?  That it can be used to tell a story ( a car advertisement, a trailer for a documentary, a TV commercial selling a hamburger, whatever... simple stuff ).   Then, when people post stuff about " their 7 feature films they shot on a DV camcorder 7 years ago" and need help making it 30p instead of 30 interlaced we can begin to define things like, " What is a feature film and how do we define that ?? "

Simple stuff so that we don't all end up going down the toilet with our ethics, integrity, dreams to tell stories with a decent editing program, and so on...

I'm bummed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good example...

John T made a nice documentary about his cruise and shot using a hand held camera and added still images, and edited the thing into a really decent fun thing to watch. It was 'telling a story'.

I'm serious... in the PPro forum people are losing that sense of going from A to B …. in John's case, going from A to B and back to A and then to the zoo.

The forum is getting totally moronic in comparison to what we used to think of as 'editing' anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so basiclly kids today just want to play with the phones for 5 mins while they wait for a train to work and are not interrested in learning about the good old days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines