Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Choice? Help

Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help on choosing the correct Adobe software. I need the ability to manipulate, delete and edit images, diagrams or text and add geometrical shapes and designs to the image. What Adobe software works best for what I have described?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop or Illustrator will do those but each have areas where they work better. Are your images raster graphics or vectors? Photoshop is more geared toward raster graphics but can work to some extent with vectors. Illustrator is more for vectors but can work with raster graphics to some extent. If you get a subscription to the Creative Cloud, you get both programs plus a lot more (Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud , Adobe mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android apps | Adobe Creative Cloud). I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, you can get a 7 day trial of each. Try one for seven days, and then the other to see which better suits your needs.

Also, watch these free tutorials to get an idea of what each does. They include Try-its.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What file types are you working with?

How will these images be used -- on the web, high quality print or video?

If your native files are JPG, Bitmap, PNG, TIFF, or PSD use Photoshop.  The learning curve is steep but PS is the industry recognized standard for image editing software.

As Myra said, Illustrator is the better choice for creating vector graphics for print and SVG output -- i.e. logos, text, flow charts, diagrams, graphs,  icons, advertising, etc....

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines