Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting read John.  Thank's for the heads up.  I learned a bit more about how system firmware works nowadays.  I must admit to a bit of a 'black box' attitude when it comes to motherboard firmware.  Sort of like my television.  I am satisfied with knowing what buttons to press to make it work, and don't need to understand precisely what goes on inside.   

OK so this is my first post for 2020, and for a good part of the end of 2019...  i.e. since the disastrous (AFAICT) change from Jive.  At this stage I was going to comment that I like Speccy for checking things like firmware versions (along with a ton of other information) but I was disappointed to find that I still can't paste directly from the clipboard to a forum post.  I couldn't even paste into an image window.  I had to save to disk and upload this screen shot.    It would make my day if someone could tell me that I am missing a trick, because this forum is not unable if I have to go to that much trouble for every image I want to post

2020-01-15 11_00_06-Speccy.jpg

I just checked and there have been 13 firmware updates since P1.5 for my MB  ðŸ˜¬

I am further embarrassed to admit that I did once use CCleaner (also a Piriform product) and wished that I haddn't.  My gut told me that it was a bad idea, but I thought that it surely couldn't be as problematic as my heart was telling me, as people I knew sweared by it.  Thinking back, those same people always had major problems with their systems.  So two good points from John's link.

The Premiere Pro Hardware forum guys (Harm Millaard, the Bills and John) would always tell you not to mess with the Windows Page file.  There are so many other ways to make space on your boot drive (if that's a problem for you) that you shouldn't need to anyway.

Right, so where is the 'How to Make the Adobe Forums a Painless Experience' thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>where is the 'How to Make the Adobe Forums a Painless Experience' thread?

Still being developed... check back this time next year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I made myself a New Years resolution to get over myself, and make the best of the new forum and start posting again, but what the heck?!!!   I just tried a post in the Photoshop forum and again wanted to post a simple screen shot to the thread.  Like I said above, there appears to be no way of doing that now.  I have to save to disk and upload the image, so what used to take me five seconds now takes the best part of a minute.  Some of the step-by-step posts I have made over the years have had maybe a dozen screen shots, but it was no problem with Jive because I dragged out a window with Greenshot, copied to the clipboard pasted straight into the thread.  Easy as.

It is simply unviable to make a step by step post as things stand, because a) it would take you forever, and b) you'd lose the flow.   What _really_ annoys is that at one stage after the change we _could_ paste images.  ISTR there were issues, but it was still doable.  What on earth would they break even that functionality?  It is deeply frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't tried to post any pictures in this new forum, but I agree that not being able to paste from the Windows clipboard would be a problem

I do what I can to help people, with the tools at hand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines