Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend of mine has a Siberian Husky kennel, and she has a colleague in Finland, who posted this on her website.

Bear in mind that Finnish is not an Indo-European language. (along with Estonian, Sami and Hungarian)

It's quite hard to learn, so I imagine learning English can be difficult for the Fins too ...

Puppies for sale. Call me if you're interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume cat lovers are dull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a few days in the area near the War Memorial Opera House, including wandering the streets after dark, which really scared the counter guy of the Major Hotel I was staying in. Yea, there was a lot of rustling in spots and a couple people started out towards me as I neared there spot of shadow, but when I just stopped & turned at them, decided to go back to the shadows.

Pleasant enough place.

Loved the mash of ethnicities, cultures, and languages on the streets during the daytime. Rather different than backstage at the WMOH, or the dining establishments one habits while out with The Involved.

Great time in SF. And for about 7 years I took voice myself from a gal who'd been raised near to SF, sang with the Merola program, and was on-stage there in a number of productions. Her husband was a character tenor, sang there or in nearby venues occasionally. So ... heard lots of SF stories.

Not my place to live, but to observe ... fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Great time in SF. And for about 7 years I took voice myself from a gal who'd been raised near to SF, sang with the Merola program, and was on-stage there in a number of productions. Her husband was a character tenor, sang there or in nearby venues occasionally. So ... heard lots of SF stories.

Not my place to live, but to observe ... fantastic!"

The area east of Van Ness, which includes the Tenderloin and the Civic Center is a notorious open-air drug market. That and rents doubling and tripling. It's a good thing you had your fun and left. I visit the Hayes Street west on Van Ness, which is a lot nicer since they tore the freeway down.

I see you are in Oregon. Not far from Portland. Must be beautiful country up there and the seashore is a few hours away and Portland, not so far.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Living on the edge of Monmouth & Independence, 8.6 acres just outside town, once the center of a large grass-seed farm, the previous owners separated this bit off and besides the grove of oak trees and many others and a few large firs, planted many interesting trees and made a pond (40x100 foot or so) in one area ... much of this feels like a park. 5 acres mowed, which is ... work. Use it a lot for our portrait sessions, all sorts of beautiful surroundings to shoot in.

View from this custom octagonal house is mostly west/northwest across rich fields to the Coast Range foothills a couple miles away. Pacific is 60 miles thataway. Crest of the Cascade mountains (roughly 5,000 foot pass levels) is 120 miles east. Snow-capped mountains year round. The massive Columbia is just over an hour north, and start east from there (Troutdale, just east of Portland) and you are in the Columbia River Gorge. Two-thirds of Oregon is east of the Cascade crest, and it's very dry, some parts less than an inch moisture per year ... average elevation 3,000 foot or better, quite a number of mountain ranges. High desert except in those mountains where they get more moisture. Mostly winter snow.

In all, not a bad area to live ... yea, in the Willamette Valley the winters feature rain and clouds most days, but it tends to be gentle rain most of the time. Soft lighting, I love the winters. Summers are very dry & moderate to warm, humidity much lower in summer than winter. Very little rain mid-June to mid-September.

Ate once at ... something or other Grill & Bar,  a block or two from the opera house. A couple hours before a Turandot was starting, the two of us had no reservation, the maitre'd was humming but not seeming to find anything. My bud managed to start playing with his back-stage id tag hanging round his neck ... just sort of idly so. Looking off across the room, you know?

Maitre'd saw that, quickly read it ... and we had a table for two immediately. We were ... charmed. Can be handy to get a table with one of the leads, you know? Food was awesome, Alan had the pork chop which was to die for. Thought if I ever get back, I'm having the pork chops!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm lucky to have a small studio in the East Bay with access to Bart. I do have the freedom to make it to the city and take in all the good things.

But should that ever fall flat, I would consider a move to the Pacific Northwest and the beauty of Oregon. Not sure I want to hang around Portland, but at least have transit there just like SF.  (I've been to Tacoma, but that seemed a bit soggy.)

Sounds like you landed a great spread out in Monmouth. As much as I like SF, you would end up being priced out eventually, so you chose your destination wisely.

You didn't mention it, Neil, but can you see Mt. Hood from where you are?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, caught this gem as to why others may not reply as fast as you would like. Maybe it isn't any of the below, but why think the worse of anyone??

DJZQssJVYAA1Ddj.jpg_large.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

Anyway, caught this gem as to why others may not reply as fast as you would like. Maybe it isn't any of the below, but why think the worse of anyone??

DJZQssJVYAA1Ddj.jpg_large.jpg

I think I might have told this story before, but Gene's post reminds of a middle aged lady who worked in our lab (Calibration lab at Ford UK Research & Development).  She was not very friendly, and when she left our Maurice, who scored a 10 on the Aspergers scale, too it upon himself to take round the card for people to sign.  Most people refused because thew lady was so unfriendly, and Mo honestly thought he was doing her a favour when he told her.

"Not many people signed your card, because they don't like you."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people refused because the lady was so unfriendly, and Mo honestly thought he was doing her a favour when he told her.

"Not many people signed your card, because they don't like you."

I read that in Ric Romero's voice.   Thanks for the laugh, Trevor.

Romeromagic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cartoon eyes font:

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 1.31.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'wan. Tailgate. I DARE ya!

Driving 01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to paint my car:

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 11.52.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Australia he would have to have a red flag hanging down from his nose or the cops will pull you over and give a ticket

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

in Australia he would have to have a red flag hanging down from his nose or the cops will pull you over and give a ticket

Same in California.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is his nose 6 feet or more from the back of the bed of the truck?

If not ... he wouldn't need the flag in Oregon ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so in Oregon an overhag of 5 and a half feet is fine?

no body could possibly run up the back of that because they all have a licence to drive... correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw these on Bored Panda this morning...

Just to confuse them at kindergarten.

Apart from the extended distance from her right shoulder to her elbow, it actually took me a moment or two to spot the design faux pas in this one

Towel dispenser installation 101

My Workplace Installed The Automatic Towel Dispenser Over The Automatic Sink

OK, I feel kind of juvenile for smiling at this one.

Hey, it worked in the PDF!

Emoji fail

Oh dear oh dear.....  At least they are honest.

It's not just graphic artists that sometimes get it wrong.

This Dangerous Slide

The first thing I thought when I saw this one, is The Donald's surname means the same thing in the UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emergency Evacuation information.  If only you could read it.

A Hell's Grannie ?

Pedantic sign maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how many of those fails started with "let's go with the lowest bidder."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I wonder how many of those fails started with "let's go with the lowest bidder."

they are the result of let the boss pick which one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Safe Hanz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things are just a matter of point of view...

Wiz.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the funniest thing I've seen in years.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the full laugh until you cry moment today. Just what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines