• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space X Launch UFO Sightings

Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did any of you West Coast people see the strange lights off California caused by the Space X launch?

There are some very cool pictures and video out there, and I'd have love to have witnessed it.

This one is crying out for some image stabilization.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I was waiting to shoot it. I mentioned it to Russell Brown, as he wanted to see a launch. He came down also, but was closer that I was. I shot this image near my home in Shell Beach (about 28 miles to Vandenberg). I was looking south, which was the direction the rocket went, so I didn't see the profile that you posted, Trevor. Since the launch was shortly after sunset, I couldn't do my normal long exposure, as the ambient light was too bright. So I took a series of images and pieced together the one below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing picture Chuck, and I wonder what Russell managed to get?  Perhaps he put one of his drones up for a high view point.

Ahhhh...  I think you might have been the first person to like his launch pictures on Instagram

Chuck, why are we seeing the heavy rocket trail, and a much less intense trail in the pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure, but that other trail is part of the rocket reentering. But I'm not sure why it shows up in Russell's, as it appeared much later during the launch on one of my frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Santa-and-Big-E-in-Jet-Sled-Better.jpg

Close up picture of the launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chuck is closer to the launch site.   I'm further south.  What we saw down here was more like the first photo.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines