Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stylus

Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I love my Adonit Jot Pro for drawing, is not too heavy, draw well and for the palm rejection issue is just use a glove.

Right now there is a lot of "flavours", "colors" and prices, for example

Adobe ink

Adonit jot touch

Wacom bamboo-spark

Wacom fineline 2

Apple Pencil

Anyway I wondering if you guys have one or more stylus and his best tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for the specs to come out on the Apple Pencil to see how quickly it responds by bluetooth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

All your favorite pens and brushes in one ergonomically designed tool. Inspiration is out there. It's time to go find it. Here’s where to learn how to set up your stylus and pair it with some great apps.

intuos creative stylus 2 brushstrokes cg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adonit Jot Pro guy here. Have had terrible luck with Adobe Ink. I have had three now and all of them eventually die and won't recharge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drink the kool aid, and can't wait for the iPad Pro, but I am skeptical of the speed and recharge value of the Pencil.

I just have to work more deliberately and patiently when I'm on the iPad.  I have to admit that my Surface 3 Pro wasn't super great (but better than iPad).

But I'm usually on a Wacom Intuos, and the ability to work quickly with the most subtle gradients and tip controls is my benchmark.

I haven't tried the Wacom stylus for the iPad tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you Ko - I am very curious about Pencil+iPadPro, been for a while now.

I use both wacom creative stylus on my iPad, as I could not put my hands on Ink&slide nor I have a longed Adonit.

There are some issues that for me who's not as skilled as you are make the whole experience quite frustrating. Both styluses behave a bit differently - as to their design one the first one had a gummy soft ball to reproduce the finger touch. The Stylus 2 has a harder point.

Now I like to work with both and I struggle happily with both. One thing I noticed is that you have to keep your stylus quite straight.

If you bow it on a side (which is a challenge for me because when I use a real pencil it's never 90° on the paper, always a bit curved) then the line is some millimeters off. I don't know if you get what I mean. Consider you draw a line, and then you want to continue the same line after you have lifted up the stylus from the iPad for whatever reason. Well, if your pen is slightly curved on the screen, although you put your pen on the ending point of your line, the new one will continue some millimeter away from it. Is this clean in any possible way? It might as well be me, not the pen, though.

So it needs precision, I would say, which is not my strong side and that depends plainly on experience, me thinks.

They are good stylus, for those of you who are at Max, I will bring both with me, so pass by and feel free to ask to test them if you are curious.

I find them a bit dull on the pressure side. Touch sensitive. But I would say: touch not incredibly sensitive.

It would be interesting to hear about your experiences, so if by chance any of you has the hands on a Wacom stylus, Flo is curious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Everyone!

I guess correct pencil depends of some requirements or focus for each one. For example is not the same use a crayon to draw vs coloring a book.

Any way, so maybe the wish list can be:

• Precision
  • Drawing
  • Coloring
  • Retouch
  • Weight (Pencil)
  • balance (pencil)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines