• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To Blog, or Not to Blog... that is the question!?

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just about to start with Character Animator and I like to keep notes! Lots of notes!

I usually end up with note pads and bit's of paper and those..., sticky note things, but this time, I thought I would try and be a bit more.... organized!

I spotted this:

2016-11-04_07-41-58.png

So I thought I could keep my notes as a blog!? I've never done a blog before, but I'm always up for something new. Thought it would be a good way to keep my daily notes, record my thoughts, findings and progress. However, I hit a problem and I'm hoping someone here can help... how do I start the Blog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John and thank you for taking the time to reply!

I've just started a WordPress Blog, but how do I get it here on the forum, where I can share it with other?

I want to get rid of that, This user does not have a blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here is the Blog I've set up... if someone can check that its accessible ... that would be great!?

http://hismastersvoice.net/2016/11/04/the-beginners-guide/

Just need to know how to make it accessible here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking that particular module hasn't been activated for us to modify in the Jive software, but Adobe likely can't hide it from display. They're at the mercy of a third party company for the forum software.

You can add a URL in your Profile that would show up in the top right of your publicly available Profile screen, but as far as I know, there's no way to actually add an address to that blog section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon and thanks for info!

Not sure what Jive is.. but I've followed you suggestion and placed link to Blog on my Profile!

Have a good one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon's right.  The forum Blog module is not activated for individual use.   It is however turned on for Adobe Staff and the Creative Pipeline Blog.

Creative Pipeline: The ACP Blog

JIVE is the software that runs these forums.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy and thanks for taking the time to reply!

Just had a quick look at what Jive is.

I must say, I do find the forum a bit unusual... especially the drop down options... Your Content, Your communities etc... seems to be a bit more complicated than need be.... but what do I know!?

It was my error, when I read, 'This user does not have a blog,' in Profile, I just assumed that there must be a blog option.

No major problem. I just thought it would be a good way to keep notes as I get to grips with, Character Animator, so I've set up a quick and simple blog using Wordpress. This still needs a bit of TLC, but for now it's  somewhere to keep all my ramblings and if anyone is having a quite day, they can always pop along and have a read too. Good for insomnia, if nothing else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines