• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two step verification (2SV) now on Adobe accounts

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how long Adobe has had 2sv, but I'm glad it's not password-only anymore.

You can now go to your Adobe account and enable it.  You sign in as usual and then by email or text, you request a code so that you can log in.

You have the option to trust your computer if you do not want to keep entering codes.

You can get to this feature via the "Security and Privacy" tab in your account to set it up.

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know.  Thanks, Gene.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good news, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all about throwing as many chairs as you can in the way of the bad guys. Firewalls, AV, Password managers, and 2SV wherever it's offered.

Here's some other providers that offer the service: The 12 Days of 2FA: How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication For Your Online Accounts | Electronic Fr...

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

You can now go to your Adobe account and enable it.

no thanks but well done to Adobe for making it optional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's two step authorization sends a text message to my phone. So what happens when someone pretends to be me and tricks my cell phone provider into transferring my account to another phone, and then uses the text message to take over my account? Texting is so last century. Adobe, please allow us to use an authentication app, like Google Authenticator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good suggestion, but wouldn't you notice right away if your account was moved when you go to use your phone and even with your phone company don't you have challenge questions and pin codes before anyone accesses your cell account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HumbleOpinion​ brings up a valid point in that SMS verification is very easily hacked. However, having SMS verification is better than having nothing. Even banks today use SMS verification, so Adobe isn't unique in this respect. The entire industry should migrate away from that, but it won't happen overnight.

One can only hope that Adobe would offer true 2FA with an authenticator in the near future. At least they are moving forward.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I put a lot of chairs in the way for the bad guys. I don't rely on just one method.

I'm moving as much as I can to authentication software which I'll agree is a step above SMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's why it takes a month to reset your Microsoft ID... the tech is instant but the wait gives unwashed | confused time to wake up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up, Gener7. It took less than 30 seconds, and while there is room for improvement (see SMS issues above), I agree this is certainly a step in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, SMS has its issues just as plain door locks do, but because someone told you a lock picker could pick one in under 30 seconds, doesn't mean you keep the door unlocked. At the very least, you deter the opportunists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines