• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use the SCARF Model to Improve How You Collaborate With & Influence Others

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since successful collaboration and influence is at the heart of pretty much everything we do in life, especially how we embark on the creative process, I was curious how many people here have heard of David Rock's SCARF model SCARF Model - Influencing Others with Dr David Rock - YouTube? SCARF stands for Status, Certainty, Autonomy, Relatedness, and Fairness. The basic premise is that the fundamental organizing principle of the brain is to minimize threat/danger and maximize reward. It's mind blowing to me that a perceived threat to one’s status activates similar brain networks to a threat to one’s life. Similarly, "Can I offer you some feedback?" generates a similar response to hearing fast footsteps behind you at night. How does knowing these fundamental truths change the way you conduct portfolio reviews or structure community programs? Hope this gives you some food for thought as it did me. Would love to hear what ideas this framework sparks for you.

Thanks,

Rani

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?